return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[Soft trance] Dominote - Where are you now?
View this Thread in Original format
jobro
Wrote this yesterday, I hope you guys like it. If so then please tell me your thoughts.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...33391E6394B7C60
B_man
Yay for softtrance.

From the beginning... there is a strong classical influence, which I like. However, it's strange, it seems to suddenly start without any warmup or intro... it's just BAM, here's the melody.

Now we have an electric piano... sounds like an 80s ballad of sorts.

However, let me say this: it's pop, not trance. That doesn't mean it's bad, just not what you said it was.

It is soft... very airy, and dramatic. It could use some soft female vocals -- you know, the very soulful kind! It reminds me alot of Pacherbell's Canon, but with a comedic transition between the chords.

Sounds a tad like movie credits or intro. It's actually kind of nice, though the same chords are plucked time and time again. There's no true break, just the same measures again and again with plucky instruments tacked over them with subtle variation.

Here's a nifty break at 3:40ish, but there's nothing new in it. The only thing new about it is the fact that the drums are no longer existent.

I think your snare needs some more high-end buzz to peep over the mix. Basically, it's not a bad sound, it just needs to have a tad more resonnance PEAKing over the rest of the instruments (peek-a-boo).

Otherwise... this was very repetitive soul-pop instrumenta. It wasn't worth 6 minutes... only if you could vary it more. You've already got it sounding classical enough to apply variations to it with effective edge... use it.

Otherwise... nice job.
jobro
I know it is kinda pop influenced, but anyway thanks for taking your time reviewing this track.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement