return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 
Saltwater - The Legacy (AniG's Psyworks Remix) [Hard Psy] [128k FULL]
View this Thread in Original format
AniG
hi there everyone, i seem to be producing a fair bit as of recent and just had to put this one out there for people to listen.

spent about 6hrs on this last night working into the morning even tho i was extremely sleep deprived and still am.

i just want to know what u think, some c&c would be great.

Saltwater - The Legacy (AniG's Psyworks Remix)

Track info:
Tempo: 147bpm
Size: 7231488 bytes
Length: 7mins 31 secs

Author's Comments: A remix for the Nonstop2k.com March Competition. As I am a judge this month this isn't an entry, it was just something to have a play around with and have some fun.

Mix Notes:
Some psyworks and tech trance inspired structure, simplistic beats and hardcore winding melodies.

Made using:
This mix was made in FL Studio 6 XXL Edition.
Fueled by complete insanity and utter sleep deprivation.

Enjoy listening.

AniG-
cybernetica
Hey mate,
pretty interesting track you got here. I really dig it.
kick and bass kind of work. The beginning with the acidline is awesome.
hard percussions.. you did not promise too much when saying this is hard stuff.
Picks up more drive until the first breakdown. It's the classic kind of buildup, and it works very well.
Good hardstyle melody then. I like the main part. Pumping and massive.

The next break is totally nuts. I think this justifies the track being labeled Psy. Now back to the catchy main theme, great.
6:38 is a great part again.

Overall, a really good track. It has a lot of energy. However I somehow think it needs a little more clarity in the overall mix. Things get a little chaotic in the midrange. This might be because of the rather low bitrate, but I also suggest you also have a look at the EQs again to get rid of some unwanted clipping.

Anyway, me likes. :)
AniG
quote:
Originally posted by cybernetica
Hey mate,
pretty interesting track you got here. I really dig it.
kick and bass kind of work. The beginning with the acidline is awesome.
hard percussions.. you did not promise too much when saying this is hard stuff.
Picks up more drive until the first breakdown. It's the classic kind of buildup, and it works very well.
Good hardstyle melody then. I like the main part. Pumping and massive.

The next break is totally nuts. I think this justifies the track being labeled Psy. Now back to the catchy main theme, great.
6:38 is a great part again.

Overall, a really good track. It has a lot of energy. However I somehow think it needs a little more clarity in the overall mix. Things get a little chaotic in the midrange. This might be because of the rather low bitrate, but I also suggest you also have a look at the EQs again to get rid of some unwanted clipping.

Anyway, me likes. :)

thanx cybernetica for the nice comments. ill have to look into the eq'ing again, someone on another forum said it was too muddy, guess my ears arent working so well for me :P lolz
ill try clean it up and add clarity where ever needed, i too noticed this a lot when i was making it, i just cbb staying up since i needed sleep b4 work
Shepless
f
AniG
f?
Indicative
sounds ok, more like hardtrance/house than psy tho
Subtle
Listening..

Great claps.. very heavy.. but sounds good.

Lead is very phat, i know recognise the original, which i personally dont fancy much.

I think the lead is taking very much space, and that the percussions are loosing its drive a little bit.

Second build up is more crunchier, the track sounds well put together, but i dont think the kick and bass combo sounds that good.

But overall, well made track.. sounds more like hard trance than psy though, in my opinion.
AniG
thanx for the reply subtle.

ive updated the mix and fixed some mastering issues.
i was rendering using the wrong sound driver (primary instead of creative asio) so now it sounds way better lol.

take a listen if you'd like.
its probably more hardtrance than anything else, i named the genre hard psy because of my uncertainty to the genre of which it pertains.
IanBuzz
Nice work it's epic and driving - also has nice mastering :P
Darkarbiter
Best new song I've heard in a while. It makes my top 50 ;)
Any chance for a higher bitrate version?

AniG
quote:
Originally posted by Darkarbiter
Best new song I've heard in a while. It makes my top 50 ;)
Any chance for a higher bitrate version?

definately, i'll get right on it.
G-Con
Cracking stuff
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement