return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[Psy + Breaks] Wrzonance - Need Air [256kbps, 145bpm]
View this Thread in Original format
DJFreaq
Started this in February. Finished it just recently.

In the mastering phase of the project:

Wrzonance - Need Air
Marcelo
Im writing as I listen....great intro, the voice like panned synth sounds great...now the bassline comes in...but I think the kick drum is lacking, I can barely hear it...but at 02:02 it feels very groovy, nice....lots of different melodies following the same bassline pattern...many percussion variations....I think its a great track, but dont know if its the headphone Im using, but the kick drum seems to be too low...thats my only compaint....keep it up!
Eric J
listening to this as i write as well. It sounds like you used the dali lama (sp?) plugin in the beginning there (what a wacky interface on that thing!). The organ at 2:50 maybe could use a little fattening and I'd have to agree with the previous poster about the bass drum being a little too thin and not standing out at the middle of the track, but I'm also listening on headphones so I may be missing some bottom end.

I like the arrangement and the sounds you used. Keeps the track interesting. I'm not a huge psy fan, but it sounds like a little more judicious use of reverb may be in order, but that may not be the sound you are looking for. I personally prefer a bit of a thicker sound as the entire track sounds kind of thin, but I'll be interested to hear it once you finish the mastering process.

All in all, it sounds good and the production is done very well. Nice Job.
DJFreaq
Thank you for the suggestions.

The Delay Lama does have a wacky interface! I love it!

I agree. The kick needs to be louder. Or at least, EQ'd a bit so it's not competing with the bassline so much.

Thanks again,

Adam
ziatribe
Everything sounds wicked. Truly a psy feel to it. The other listeners mentioned the weak bass drum. Try listening to an Infected Mushroom track or similiar artists and listen to how punchy the kick drum is. Make sure it's at least 50% volume level on the mixer. The bassline instrument and the kickdrum are both bassy, yes. But they take different bass frequencies. So rather than just trying to raise the EQ on both of them in the same frequency, give the bassdrum it's own frequency. You'll notice how it comes out. Then EQ the bassline so they go together well. But defintely make sure that kickdrum comes out, because you almost cannot hear it. At times.

Everything else is perfect. Synths sound sexy. Percussion is hot too. GOOD WORK!
Magnus
Just listened. Kind of a darker track. The kick sounds like a dull heartbeat I think you should tweak it a good bit. I think the breakdown around 5:30 goes a bit too long and maybe a bit off course before coming back in around 7:20 I would maybe shorten that up. But this is just all my opinion and personal taste. I like the long belching yogi noise though you use I'm sucker for that sound in psy.
DJFreaq
Thanks for the reviews.

I'm tweaking some melody, and I just mixed the kick drum 2db louder in the mix. Sounds a lot better.

:D

---Adam
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement