return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
How to defeat an insurgency?
View this Thread in Original format
Krypton
You destroy its outside help.

No insurgency has succeeded without outside help. You cut off the outside help, the insurgency dies. It is a sad reality the US did not see the insurgency it would face, with Iran as the benefactor. If we want to defeat the insurgency, we must deal with the ones supporting the entire campaign, and that is Iran and Syria.

It is no longer a debate. Iran is funding, training, and arming Iraqi & foreign insurgents that are killing coalition forces. Yes, the administration made the mistake of opening the bag of cats, but right now, we must close it. We have to close the iranian bag to kill the insurgents.

How we stop the Iranians is up for discussion....
Q5echo
quote:
Originally posted by Krypton

we keep doing what we are doing. we expose them as much as we can. we isolate them internationally as much as we can. we don't back down from our strength because our strength is the only thing they respect and fear.

if that means fighting battles on their terms then so be it.the question is do we have the stomach for it? i don't know.

we don't invade. not that we can't, but we won't.
EvilTree
You hit terrorist sponsoring nations in the pockets.

But with so many nations lacking balls and/or have self interest in mind won't act in concert to stop these guys.

Easier with Syria since it doesn't have oil but harder with Iran.

Yanks do have a lot of clout, but can't effectively use it since whenever they take a lead in world stage, anti americanism rears its head and accusation of bullying flies.
Can't use Brits either since they are considered American puppets.

Most effective would be Russia and China taking lead, but I don't think they care what others do, as long as it doesn't interfere with whatever they want to do.

Heck, the world let Mugabe and Darfur happen for years. You'd think it can effectively stop terrorist sponsoring regimes?
star-traveller
Pull the damn troops out, insurgency will stop itself.
LazFX
quote:
Originally posted by star-traveller
Pull the damn troops out, insurgency will stop itself.

erdega
US/UK have funded so many subversive insurgencies especially jihadist ones that you would figure they would know what they are dealing with instead of just pure force and simple patriotic propaganda for home consumption.

Americans and their imperialist allies are paying now for their transgressions and frankly there is no way out as they have stretched themselves too much. They want to withdraw to deserts, or kurdish areas or kuwait thinking they can control iraq war from the distance. They have lost war in Iraq,they never deserved to win it in their quest for oil, war on defenseless country and Israeli supremacy in the region, they created a mountains of lies and a horrific carnage to genocidal proportions .

Unfortunatelly there is very few people in Washington who realize that war is lost and they are mostly muzzled by media. Make that battle , not war as the war will continue to roll on as US will never admit defeat unless their army is completelly destroyed and they will start to provoke Iran, though I don't think they will attack Iran as it has a capable army, start new wars in balkans and confront russia and so on.
Lilith
Nope, I doubt it'll do very much.
Starting to think when the US goes home it'll still be raging for a time and then the UN will eventually step in and split the country down the middle with a big demilitarised zone in the middle. East-West/North-South Iraq (basically a Sunni-Shiia Iraq because that's what it's more about rather than the yanks running around.)
Landmines, wire, walls, basically a Korea situation.
Don't know if it's a good idea, it's been proven to be bad in the past but I think it's one of the more likely outcomes.
Capitalizt
pull out...let the religious dumbasses kill each other.

Problem solved.
MisterOpus1
quote:
Originally posted by Krypton
You destroy its outside help.

No insurgency has succeeded without outside help. You cut off the outside help, the insurgency dies. It is a sad reality the US did not see the insurgency it would face, with Iran as the benefactor. If we want to defeat the insurgency, we must deal with the ones supporting the entire campaign, and that is Iran and Syria.

It is no longer a debate. Iran is funding, training, and arming Iraqi & foreign insurgents that are killing coalition forces. Yes, the administration made the mistake of opening the bag of cats, but right now, we must close it. We have to close the iranian bag to kill the insurgents.

Iran is a blip on the radar in comparison to the local insurgency funded primarily by the Saudis (with a bit of our help to boot), as well as our assistance to the Shiite government that's creating their own death squads. Of course it would be nice to cut off Iran a bit more, but to do that you'd need a few hundred thousand more men patrolling the border, which will not happen since our primary concern is quelling the violence within. Unless you want to have a draft, of course.

If you want to cut off the insurgency, as you imply, look within our own government first.

Or you could just clap louder. That seems to be helping a lot as well. Oh, I also like to shut my eyes reeeal tight, plug my ears with my fingers, sing, "LA LA LA LA LA" real loud, and think happy thoughts like so many of my dear Bush war-supporting friends do. Oh, and then I pray to Jerry Falwell to bring His Mighty Hand down from heaven (or up from Hell, you choose), which will most certainly stop this war on His Will.

When you think about, there really are a lot of viable options.......
star-traveller
quote:
Originally posted by LazFX

jonSun
quote:
Originally posted by star-traveller

lol Mr T.
Kapedan
quote:
Originally posted by Capitalizt
pull out...let the religious dumbasses kill each other.

Problem solved.

Actually, you just made a problem bigger.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement