return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Do Not Support Tentation
View this Thread in Original format
soundvisine
I can't believe that Tentation would do such a thing and think they can get away with it!!!!!!!

owe Giant over $30,000 in unpaid bills, while I am sure they are making mad money!!!!!!!!!
try to steal their talent
try to continue the nights they have built without Giant

Don't support the club as they did nothing but insult the patrons by holding up discount lines. The only thing they had going for them was the talent that Giant brought to the club and now that is gone!
xCxStylex
any news link?

or this is just random rambling?
vet26
i dont know anything about money being owed, but I do know that my worst experiences with EDM clubs in so cal was at Tentation. Once I got in, it was fine and I enjoyed the music as much as the next person but it was a bitch to get in and it really didnt seem that people there are into the music as much as they are at other places. Of course, thats not the venue's fault but security and the people on the correct side of the velvet rope were jerks, and im not easily offended. I went twice and swore never to go again...glad the Giant moved.
TSG
quote:
Originally posted by soundvisine
I can't believe that Tentation would do such a thing and think they can get away with it!!!!!!!

owe Giant over $30,000 in unpaid bills, while I am sure they are making mad money!!!!!!!!!
try to steal their talent
try to continue the nights they have built without Giant

Don't support the club as they did nothing but insult the patrons by holding up discount lines. The only thing they had going for them was the talent that Giant brought to the club and now that is gone!

Got any solid proof?
JCIZZLE!
:mad: :rolleyes: Regardless, It's going to be my pleasure to rub their nose in it, ing stupid move. ;)
Clovis
Why would any of us have any reason to go there now anyway? :stongue:
Cool1g
quote:
Originally posted by TSG
Got any solid proof?

i think those that know the whole story are basically taking the high road and not discussing it on a public message board. Let's just say this wasn't Giant's choice to move....
DaveT
If there's one thing I have learned regarding situations like this is don't go out and post this info yourself.

In the case that this is ever proven untrue, you yourself could be held libel for the things you say.

This is a situation that is best for Giant and any other organization directly involved to make themselves.

I'm not saying this in an attempt to discredit anything you are saying. I have zero clue. But just saying these are situation where you should refrain from posting anything regarding it as your statement can damage the reputation of the club...and if your statements are ever proven untrue, Tentation could decide to take you to court to squeeze anything out of you they can.

Chances are it won't happen. And chances are you are posting info you are confident is true. But in the end, the whole story could be skewed in some ways and some details get distorted. Why take the chance of posting any info where you can potentially get yourself in a bind.

Dave
bas
quote:
Originally posted by vet26
i dont know anything about money being owed, but I do know that my worst experiences with EDM clubs in so cal was at Tentation. Once I got in, it was fine and I enjoyed the music as much as the next person but it was a bitch to get in and it really didnt seem that people there are into the music as much as they are at other places. Of course, thats not the venue's fault but security and the people on the correct side of the velvet rope were jerks, and im not easily offended. I went twice and swore never to go again...glad the Giant moved.

Uhh...I'd say problems with security and people on the 'right side of the velvet rope' do fall under venue problems. Tentation hired them, not some outside company.
TSG
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis
Why would any of us have any reason to go there now anyway? :stongue:

Exactly!

mar46017
Dave has a point. There are so many politics between promoters and venues. Its better to stay out of it, if it does not directly effect you.

The fact that Giant kept the weekly as long as they did should be applauded. A promoter may be able to pull off a successful one time event but to keep a weekly going is tough.

Things happen, especially in the entertainment industry. Generally the promoter's doorman (or doorwoman) should be the one controlling who gets in and the venues security should be checking ID's.

Tentation is a beautiful club/lounge/ultra lounge. Looks like they may have been acting too "Hollywood" for OC.
KarenLuvs2Party
I think there are only about 5 people on the TA boards that went to Tentation before Giant was ever there.. so you don't have to worry! I went 2-3 times..on non-giant nights.. but I couldnt hang with the Arabic music they would mix in...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement