return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Steingerg Sequel
View this Thread in Original format
Khayat
hey everyone,
I visited the Steinberg website today and I was surprised that they came out with a a new software " SEQUEL" So when on earth did this come out :D
Did anyone experience it and is it something like Reason ( an all in one program)??
the website says the following:
- Complete all-in-one package - ready-to-use straight out of the box!
- Record, edit and mix music in any popular style
- More than 5000 loops from world-class producers included, covering popular styles like Hip-Hop, R&B, Dance, Electronic, Pop, Metal, World, and many more
- More than 600 ready-to-play instrument sounds including more than 60 drum kits for various styles
- Unique live performance mode for remixing/recombining songs on the fly
- Seamless combination of linear and pattern based arranging
- Audio and instrument parts follow tempo and key in realtime
- Built-in studio-quality audio effects, including EQ and Dynamics in every channel
- More than 50 Audio Track Presets for various instrument types, as well as vocals
- Cross-Platform: Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary

Would appreciate if any one who knows more bout this software or at least tried it to tell me if its any good
thanks in advance
echosystm
garage band clone. avoid.

reaper, fl studio, ableton or cuabse studio 4 academic are your friend ;)
Khayat
hehehe
Well ableton is a close friend of mine :D but I thought this Sequel thing could be like Reason with Audio channels but if you say its Garage band category then nah :mad:
DJChrisB
Looks like Cubase Lite for Noobs, if you ask me.

quote:
FROM STEINBERG SITE: Sequel is an affordable and easy-to-use music studio designed for first-time computer music enthusiasts.

Good starting ground to see if you even like producing before dishing hundreds or thousands of dollars for professional grade stuff, I suppose.
Khayat
I think the program itself is Reason + Audio in and midi but from the sound and quality I don't know thats why I was asking :D
Mr.Mystery
To me it sounds like eJay with some bells and whistles attached to it.
kitphillips
No Vst support, its a closed system...
Khayat
yeah thats why I said maybe Reason + Audio
kitphillips
quote:
Originally posted by Khayat
yeah thats why I said maybe Reason + Audio

Yeah but without the quality instruments....:(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement