return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

How much time do you typically spend during a creative session?
View this Thread in Original format
DJMiakoda
Just curious how much time people spend working on their music per session.

Lately I've been putting in a half hour here, 45 minutes there etc, I never get a good solid block of time to work on music anymore.
Eldritch
It's either 5 minutes or 6 hours for me, it seems. Haha
:D
Rinster
3/6 hours..
mysticalninja
maybe 2 hours
Mr.Mystery
When I get going I dare not stop, otherwise it might be gone again. I usually write and complete my tracks in one painfully long session, then just clean it up later and there it is.
theognis1002
during summer id do like all nighters from 10pm to like 4am

but now since school... ill prolly just cut it back to 2 or 3am :P

haha

i usually do wat mr.mystery does too... get the skeleton down of my song
then wake up next day and clena it up
ronk
during daytime it's usually between 15 minutes to half hour, but when I'm home at night it's usually 4-5 hours.
daeus
I can spend days but I find a 5-6 hour session is the best your going to do because I just slow right down after that...without at least an hour break anyway.
DJMiakoda
Man I wish I had 5 to 6 hours to spend with my music, that would be great!

I know I'm not getting a whole lot accomplished by 'pecking away' at it here and there, I have 7 tracks open and incomplete right now, I keep switching which one I'm working on depending on the mood I'm in at the time.

I feel like I'm getting no where fast.

A big problem I run into is getting side-tracked with all the possibilities and trying all of them out.

It appears I need to get focused heh.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement