return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Alesis prolinear 820 Moniter speaker ..
View this Thread in Original format
Cyberflow
Hi there.

I was thinking on asking advice on this board for my moniter speakers.

I saw a deal on a liquidation for a pair of alesis prolinear 820 that was used for demo at 600$ CAD.

I noticed that it is a discontinued product from Alesis.

Is it risky to buy this ?

Is it a good model for techno/trance sound ?

Thanx for your replies =)
DJ RANN
Not a good deal. These were discontinued and long time ago and at least in the UK (where most is much more expensive) I can pick them up new from remaining stock for £200 ($450ca). $600ca for used/demo stock is taking the piss. Be careful of whoever is offering you these as it looks like they are trying to rip you off.
DJChrisB
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
$600ca for used/demo stock is taking the piss. Be careful of whoever is offering you these as it looks like they are trying to rip you off.

+1

You can get them brand new for less than that from a reliable source: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itor?sku=603223
J:\Digital
I think I picked up my Alesis Prolinear 820 DSP's for $475 cdn EACH.. Brand New in box
Tsukai
I picked up my pair brand new for about $650CAD about a year ago. 600 used is a ripoff.
nutsan
really like these! hard to find in the uk now :(

interested why they discontinued them!
nutsan
just a quick bump letting anyone in the UK know that sound control have a big stock of these atm. the NON-DSP version. i've no idea where they have got them from.

they are selling for £99 each for the 720 and £125 for the 820. picking myself a pair of the 820. they dwarf my current monitors the M1 520.
Mmanu
They're crap, weak highs, overemphasized mids and boomy bass. Here, they're worth under £40-50 used(under $80-100 u.s.)
nutsan
quote:
Originally posted by Mmanu
They're crap, weak highs, overemphasized mids and boomy bass. Here, they're worth under £40-50 used(under $80-100 u.s.)

care to show me somewhere they are going for that?
nutsan
got mine today! the 820 non dsp version. very impressed. they are bloody huge though. well balanced. highs sound a bit different to my 520s. anyone know of any decent stands to hold these? need to be pretty high though! like over a meter high!:conf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement