return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Anyone ever get depressed making music
View this Thread in Original format
Krispy Kreme
Maybe its just me but making music is a pretty lonely hobby. What do you guys do to liven it up a bit?:confused:
zoidborglor
masturbate to one of those plugins that has a naked chick cartoon
echosystm
quote:
Originally posted by Krispy Kreme
What do you guys do to liven it up a bit?:confused:

i stop. your music will be about as exciting as you are ;)
Storyteller
Exactly what echosystem said. Just make music when you feel like it, and feel good about it :).
BOOsTER
I get pretty much depressed sometimes...but whenever it happens I go to do some gardening ( for example I've built a little garden pond: http://jezirko2.djbooster.net pictures here, hehe). I am much into bonsais also now...and such stuff...just do something different, something calming...
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by zoidborglor
masturbate to one of those plugins that has a naked chick cartoon

Great, another alt.
kopi_luwak
After to spend alot of hours Producing, you can get that feeling, I dont know why, has to be something related with to be sit alot of hours infront of your Pc, using your brain, remember after to use your brain too much, your levels of sugar fall down a bit, and your energy decreases, the brain is a sugar whore, that creates that depressive feeling I think, something similar too Marathon runners, is very common to feel depressed some hours after a carrer, because the sugar&energy used.

Kopi =o.
phantom limb
quote:
Originally posted by Krispy Kreme
Maybe its just me but making music is a pretty lonely hobby. What do you guys do to liven it up a bit?:confused:

Yea. I'm sure it happens to everyone. I usually get an episode like this, when I can't make a certain sound I'm after or design a moving melody.

A simple way to fix your mood is stop producing. Do something completely different. I usually just hang with my friends or play some halo online. It usually helps, but I try not to produce for the rest of the day unless I have a tremendous urge to do so. This way it keeps the production aspect exciting.

Also, it really helps if you mix up your production styles. I've been doing trance for 4 years now, but I've also done some experimental hip-hop, pop, rock, and anything I can accomplish with my synths. It keeps you on the balls of your feet.

I never really had much of a hobby until music production and I can say it really has made me much more of a dynamic character. Music really powers and conveys emotion, so if you feel depressed, try listening to something uplifting. What usually does it for me is some Arksun- Arisen or One Day, but there are many other songs that might do it for you. Hope my spiel has helped.
zodiac9
Making music puts me in a Zen state, so it's pretty hard for me to get depressed while producing. It's one of the few things that makes me forget about the world. One thing I do miss sometimes, is playing in a band, and working with other musicians. You were speaking of loneliness. Producing EDM on a PC is mostly a solitary endeavor, but it doesn't have to be. If you have any producer buddies, or musician friends, invite them over to do a collab. Maybe even a long distance collab would suffice. You might just be missing the social element.
Krispy Kreme
great replies guys thx for the ideas

uniquu
Usually "producing" makes me feel darn goo :D
I just love the feeling when I'm inspired and feel the rush of energy that music making gives.

But sometimes it also depresses.... Usually when I am stuck with something, like I am really bad making good kick sounds! That can make me feel sad for a while. But then I'll take a break, go out/watch some tv/read something/eat something...stuff like that, totally off producing. And after a while I am back and trying new stuff :D
uniquu
Oh... And sometimes it helps to listen music that gives inspiration and new ideas.
Listening to music has helpped me many times and offered new ideas and new energy to try to produce something :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement