return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 
when doing final mix...
View this Thread in Original format
Fearless One
when doing final mix is it better to have all tracks rendered to single wav files than to have for example multiplied 1-2 bar loops? is there any difference in cpu useage or sound quality (i doubt tho im not sure)
i use ableton if it matters ;)
derail
I can't imagine it'll make any difference. Audio is audio, whether it's chopped up into 2 bar loops or one long file. If it's the same piece of audio repeated again and again it should use less RAM since you only need a 2 bar sample rather than a sample as long as the whole song.

Sound quality will be identical. CPU usage should be identical.

If you're more comfortable working with 2 bar loops, leave it as 2 bar loops!
Eric J
I usually render each track down to a single wave file. I don't want to have to recreate the audio file positioning at mastering, seems like unnecessary work.
kopi_luwak
After some time producing you will start feeling the need to render each channel in WAV to be mixed, I personally consider you have a more clear image, a WAV channel will use of course much more RAM/Latency than a bar loop, I suggest for this adobe audition, I have projects with 24 channels, and they run just fine, I try to do the same with FL, and cant load even 8, Adobe Autidion latency is very optimized.

Kopi =o.
hadi burpee
quote:
Originally posted by kopi_luwak
After some time producing you will start feeling the need to render each channel in WAV to be mixed, I personally consider you have a more clear image, a WAV channel will use of course much more RAM/Latency than a bar loop, I suggest for this adobe audition, I have projects with 24 channels, and they run just fine, I try to do the same with FL, and cant load even 8, Adobe Autidion latency is very optimized.

Kopi =o.
yea ive noticed in fl after you load a certain number of .wav files it starts to have problems. usually i dont export all channels to .wav before mastering, although that probably would be helpful when the fl file is unplayable due to too many vst and what not. will try audition, thnx for that input :D
Fearless One
i usually work on loops. to check this out on my own i've rendered all tracks to wavs and put it into arragement view into ablenton.
all tracks were bare wavs with out any effects and little automation and during preview listenig sound was lagging as hell tho cpu usage was at 7-12% level (but the 'cpu overload' control was on). i think its because the relatively big files (about 100 mb) had to be read at the same time.. oh and my computer is fairly old
System101
ive never tried rendering each instrument to wav... always though about it but im scared that things like LFO's and such which are being rendered live togeter will act differently when renred one by one and then put together...

just scared teh song will sound completely different.. though i should try this out one time and see for myself.
hadi burpee
i dont know, but in fruity loops when i render a pattern to .wav, like lets say a pad and then i give it like 4 extra bars at the end to fade out with teh release or whatever, when i start setting up .wav in the bottom part of the playlist, when they replay, it doesnt sound exactly right, even if i use wrap remainder. anyone else run into this problem, and is it not a problem with other programs?
Fearless One
it has to be some "feature" of fl.. i got it the same every time i render something for it.. even when exporting midi pattern fl adds some extra bars at the end. never knew why it happens.. i think you should edit it or something
MERiDiAN5i2
quote:
Originally posted by kopi_luwak

FL sucks for WAVs, it's better suited as a sequencer. They added the wav support in recent versions because it was needed mainly for marketing purposes. Not exactly mature.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who likes to mix stuff down in Audition. The multitrack environment is quite nice, it's EQs are nice, has good VST/DirectX efx support and is pretty easy to work with. Best of all, its mixdowns actually sound good :)

daeus
Cubase loves teh WAVs.

I havent got to this point yet but when I finish a song I've read that bouncing the entire tune to a WAV then mastering (as best you can) with the OZone mastering VST.

I take it Adobe Audition comes with mastering tools or something?
Zild
It has VST/directx support so you can use whatever mastering suite you want with it. Most people like waves.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement