return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Amps and Speaker setup?
View this Thread in Original format
The_Groove
Right now I am poor and have a ghetto setup when it comes to amps and speakers. I am just running off of a home stereo. I would like to change this and am looking for advice on good speakers and a nice amp. Preferably some speakers that can be put up on stands. What about JBLs?

As for an amp, I am clueless. Please advise.

Thank you! :)

PS: Running a Vestax PMC 170A mixer if that helps.
Lanithium
i think jbl's are . when buying my speakers i listened to alot of different brands, and found jbl to be the worst sounding speakers on the market.

depending on how much cash u have.. and how much power you are after, i'd go for the mackie srm450's. dont require an amp, and are damn fine sound quality at very high levels..

they cost a fair bit, but because u wont need an amp to run em.. you save there. i ended up buying the srm450's out of 8 or so brands i tried.. no other brand came close to comparing with them. :)
ingentis
try, if you can find em, the vandersteen 2ce speakers and maybe a adcom gfa-555 II... the vandersteens are about $1500 a pair but WOW:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

thats the setup i have ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement