return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
That mashup moment...
View this Thread in Original format
miamitranceman
What do I mean you ask? Well, in my few years of spinning, every once in a while I'll be cueing up the next track in my headphones and as I let it play out to check the beatmatch and whatnot, all of a sudden it dawns on me that this track would go perfectly over the current one playing out. An impromptu mashup ensues. For example, the other day I was playing out "Travelling Light" by Schulz and brought in Benz & MD - Turning the Curve (Original Mix). Amazingly, for a random and unexpected mashup, it sounded pretty damn good!

Have you guys had this experience before? If so, say what the tracks were.
stan229
i've done
Sunlounger - Another Day On The Terrace (Intro Club Mix) and Above and Beyond - Alone Tonight (Matthew Dekay Remix)

and Mark Sherry vs Terry Ferminal - Walk Away (Terry Ferminal mix) vs William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix)
nchs09
happens... iv always watend to mash up "what is that sound" with "chiapet"
Invasionmix
a looped a scratch sample of Homer Simpson saying 'That's good!' and had it beat matched to Markus Schulz - Fly To Colors (Genix Remix) :D
EvilTree
Vadik - Mission 7 & Valentino Kanzyani - Nueva York
cmay119
Lostep - Burma (Sasha Mix) over Chris Lake - Changes (Instrumental Mix) changes 'Changes' from a flat-beat to a breakbeat and sounds pretty damn good.
nennon
Hey guys,

What you're describing is exactly what made Sasha famous. Back in the day, he was doing this with all of his albums -- I remember listening to GU 13 for the first time and having no clue about which song was playing. The mixing was so smooth it was hard to tell.
starboy
for the most part when songs are in the same key and bpm they sound good on top of each other, you just have to watch your eq's.. a good example here in my last mix i started with a mashup of cafe del mariachi & colombian soul, both are Em 125 bpm they were almost made for each other, have a listen if you care..

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...4&forumid=73&s=
Stu Cox
Tilt - Twelve [Orkeida Remix] w/ Pulsar - My Religion was a favourite of mine, it happened to sit just right when I was having a mix one day so decided to include it in the next demo I did :)

Just had the lead for My Religion building up through the breakdown then they kicked in together... the chords from Twelve fit really nicely with the My Religion lead and give it a slightly different but quite cool feel
ô§§|E
happens ALL the time with SOOOO many tracks, hence me deciding to move to Ableton so i can really screw with tracks :)

T-Soma
My dear good...
You should check out the young DJs here in melbourne.
All they f*cking do is mashups!! It's killing me... a usual set contains the same electro house bass in each track with the vocals of some other track over it.
Heaps of these young DJs don't even have a clue how to put a decent one hour set together because they are too busy trying to mix the latest electro track with Justin Timberlake's new releases!
Beatflux
Spychool - Crying Dem(Abbeyonce Remix) vs Above & Beyond - Good For Me(Above & Beyond Club Mix)

DJ Tiesto - Sparkles vs Michael Infatuated - Spinning Sun

Click to stream via divShare
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement