return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Pacemaker
View this Thread in Original format
inconspicuous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9EUeQpIWY

It's smaller than a PSP. Anybody else heard about this thing?
leph555
if i see this in the clubs i will snap
miamitranceman
Haha, seriously, could you image going to a huge club and seeing the DJ use this?

I still wanna try it though. :eyes:
inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by leph555
if i see this in the clubs i will snap

I doubt that's the intention.
nerdgrl416
If it wasn't so expensive, I would seriously consider getting one just to play with when I'm away from my gear.
Beatflux
Holy ! You can beatmatching this thing!!!

I definitely want to hear some reviews.

The unit is priced at 520 pounds. So that's roughly 1040 American dollars. I think that kind of expensive, so hopefully the price will come down with time.
inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
The unit is priced at 520 pounds.

520 Euros.

$741
Stu Cox
quote:
Originally posted by inconspicuous
520 Euros.

$741

Yeah so it'll probably be about £500 for us... bastards.
3F05Q
Yeah, there was a post a while back about this thing.

Saw some videos a while later of people mixing and such, so it looked promising. They even had some flash demos on the website showcasing the functionality, mostly associated with effects. They just recently put up the demo concerning beatmatching, but quite frankly it doesn't convince me yet.

In all honesty I've never DJ'd, but I'm aware of the principles. It didn't cover setting a cuepoint from what I remember. I'd expect it to work like a CDJ, but the lack of example worried me. Can you scrub with the wheel?

I'm hoping to hit NAMM this winter. If I do, and they have a booth, I'll be sure to check it out. That, and I'm hoping the price will come down!
Jeremy H
It apparently has 120Gb memory too. Nice toy, but nothing else :)

Beat Blog
quote:
Originally posted by Beat Blog
Personally, I think it looks like a lot of fun, but for professional applications, it won't go far. I'd love to play a house party with one though.

This thing is tiny, about the size of two packs of cards laid end to end. Imagine if it had built-in wireless that communicated back to the speakers...! The DJ could be walking around the house, or even a club, weaving his magic on the move. This device certainly gives new meaning to the term "mobile DJ" nevertheless.
4clubber
Approximately 4 years ago, riding the subway to my high school in Manhattan every day for an hour each way, listening to house mixes, I used to think, "Hey, it would be cool if there was a cd-player sized mixing device so I could make my own mixes rather than just listening to other ones in order to make these train rides more interesting."
note to self: next time you have an idea like this, patent and start implementing :(

haha but yea, for now I don't see this as anything more than a toy to keep you occupied on train rides...a very expensive toy
and if a dj is using it in a club, he better be hidden in a dj booth so I can't see him
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement