return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Engineers who offer studio time ?
View this Thread in Original format
SStorm
Does anyone know of any Trance engineers who offer their services in the Midlands area. I've been trying to produce for ages with less than satisfactory results. I'd like to spend a few sessions with someone who knows their stuff to get a better idea of what to do.
djsphere
seems to me like you just need more practice not an engineer.
SStorm
Predictable answer but not the one I was looking for. I don't want or need peoples opinions on whether I need an engineer or not.

Sorry if that sounds rude :)
ASFSE
how long is 'ages'?
B_man
I have heard of a couple universities, tech programs, and seminars that offer mixing, recording, and producing advice, classes, and programs. Maybe that is a better route to go. It may be more expensive than the fix you are looking for, but it's more probable. It is a rarity form many estabilished producers to have a history where some engineer took them under their wing and trained them in all the valuable secrets that formulate the next big hit.

And do go looking for a "trance engineer"... There are probably as many people who graduated with a T-double-'E' major from the British School of Underground-Knocks as their are plasma physicists.
SStorm
quote:
Originally posted by ASFSE
how long is 'ages'?

On and off, years. Too long :D

I know Steve Morley rents his studio out but he's London based I think and that's just too far.

A lot of producers on the Hard House scene are offering studio time now but not many, if any, of them offer Trance production.

Using engineers is widespread in the Hard House scene. Is this not the case with Trance then ?

I've spoke to people who said they learnt more in 1 day with an engineer than they did all year reading books and net tutorials. It's the same as most things. Learning from a pro is always going to be better than trial and error.

;)
RichieV
what do you mean when you say engineer ?

are you looking for help on mixing ?
or more the compositional aspect of trance ?

i'd say a good engineer in another style will be able to help you out loads and will probably be more available
wrzonance
Yea. Are you sure you're not confusing things here? Do you need a "producer" to help you with your composition/arrangement?

Or do you need an "engineer" who can help you with how loud to make this or that, what to EQ, etc?

I don't know any "trance" engineers (although I'm sure there are some engineers who have more experience in that area)... I do know audio engineers, and any experienced engineer has a good head for mixing all sorts of genres of music. Trance isn't special, house in its various forms has been around for years and engineers have been mixing it for a long time.

Help us out. What is it that you NEED to make your songs sound better? Becuase it is very variable.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement