return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

old bedroom dj new to playing out
View this Thread in Original format
wizniz
i used to live in elizabethtown, pennsylvania where the only people listening to electronic music (besides me) were 45 minutes away... and were in a very small gay club... once a week...

now im in philadelphia! yay!

well its all good except for the fact that ive only dj'd college parties (no $$, free alcohol...). while this is fine, id love the opportunity to try my craft at a legitimate venue where i can play the music i like!

i dont know that i have any way to record a set and i dont know any promoters or club owners... yes, this is square one.

where do i go from here?

-will
Oreoh142
might wanna go and try and hit up your area in the USA forums
JD8180
ass kissing :p and you need to figure out a way to record in order to make demos
Dojomaster26
1. Make demo
2. Go to local events
3. Kiss a$$ of promoter @ local parties
4. Distribute demo
5. ???????
6. Profit!

Depending on the city you might have to work harder for this process to go through. I know getting booked in Hickory wasn't too hard (smaller town, less DJs available), but Atlanta (lots of DJs, lots of venues, mecca of Hip-Hop, etc) is a whole different story!

So yeah, hit up the USA forum (Northeast for you?) and get to know your fellow local TAs. Start the networking....
Zild
Putting the promoters in your mouth > demos

Sad but true now do what everyone else does and open wide.
Allied Nations
meet people, find your crowd, find your spots and work it.
BenvanGils
quote:
Originally posted by wizniz
and were in a very small gay club... once a week...

how did you know ? haha

just joking
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement