return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Tracks Section > Tracklist Requests / Postings

Sasha Live at Club Advance, Live at Skizzo Club, & Live at JXL Radio
View this Thread in Original format
jmrecillas
This is not a missprint. There is a little problem with this 3 sets. First of all, both Skizzo Club and JXL Radio have the same date, June 3, 2003. This is a minor problem, if you consider that probably Sasha deliver this set for the radio station with anticipation. Nevertheless, its bothering to find two sets with the same date, specially if you labeled as follow, as I usually do:

Sasha [2003.06.03] Live on Radio JXL.mp3
Sasha [2003.06.03] Live @ Skizzo Club Monterey Bay, Mexico, pt1.mp3
Sasha [2003.06.03] Live @ Skizzo Club Monterey Bay, Mexico, pt2.mp3

This way there is no porbability of having repeating sets in my Sasha's Live sets folder. One of the problems with this files, is that in fact there is (or there was) a Skizzo Electronic Club in Monterrey, but there is not at all a f***ing Monterey Bay. Monterrey, so its write, is a central city in northern state of Nuevo León, and there is no way that exists a bay. So, this is first mistake with this file. But the real problem comes when you actually hear the Skizzo Club part 1 set, and compare with this one another:

Sasha [2003.06.07] Live @ E-Global Night, Guadalajara, Mexico pt1.mp3

This is in fact a massive set of almost four parts, that its supposed Sasha played in Guadalajara in 2003. I'm not sure about dates in files, and I don't think that Sasha actually have played in both two different Mexican cities with so little difference of time. I don't know if someone can really confirm that Sasha was in this two different places [flyers can help, or some mention in some old file of touring dates].

So, as I say, problem is not only concerning with tour dates, but with the actual musical content of both sets, specially both labeled as number 1. And the problem is that both are the same, the only difference is that Guadalajara set is a little longer that Monterey bay set. This is what makes me really doubt about the veracity of dates in Sasha's presence in Mexico for that time. And as you can see, is important to know whats happened with this sets. They are real or are fake ones? Its obvious that both are Sasha sets, but the real question is where are they really came from, from what Club or place they really come. Can anybody give a possitive answer tho this?
sex hitcher
Sasha played E Globalnight Iceland Guadalajara on 7 June 2003. There are pictures of this night on some website. He never played Advance
jmrecillas
Thanks for your comment. What I'm really want to know its not if Sasha played in one place and another. Thats for sure. I remember look in some place information about his presence in Skizzo club in Monterrey. What I want to know is what of both sets are fake. As I say, both sets are the same, and its clear to me that its still impossible that a DJ can repeat a whole set exactly as another one from one or two weeks, with no changes.

Guadalajara's sets its exactly the same set from Monterrey. The difference is Guadalajara's begins with another tune. This is probably because is the end of previos set by another DJ that warm up the night. But, if you hear both sets, they are the same, the mixes are exactly the same, and he mix the same tunes, in the exactly same way, so this is mean that both are the same. But, which is which? Its obvios that one of this two sets are fake. Which one is? And, most important: how can nobody are notice this before? How can we know that this two sets are for sure a real live sets and where they were recorded? There is some way to know this for sure?

My question is still in the air.
sex hitcher
It is quite possible Sasha did play exactly the same set twice. particularly if one was going to be broadcast on radio. Another example of this was the set from The Rub, Tampa Florida United States on 21.5.1999. Sasha played the same set on 30.5.1999 at Homelands the following week. I'm guessing Sasha tried the set out before it was going to be broadcast.

What i find strange with all these sets is all of these tracks are from 2002

Sasha - Wavy Gravy
Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL Remix)
Amber - Anyway (Steve Porter Unreleased Mix 1)
Sasha vs Underworld - Cowpander
Nalin & Kane - Beachball
Fluke - Pulse
Sasha & James Holden - Bloodlock
Junkie XL - Breezer
Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg Scorched Remix)
Sasha vs Junkie XL - Beauty Never Fades

The JXL radio set is definitely Sasha because Junkie XL wouldn't put a fake set on his website. As for the rest who knows. If i remember correct they are very similar to the Electolux, Reykjavik 16.06.2003 as well. Even stranger was i saw Sasha @ Glastonbury in June 2003 and he didn't play half the tracks on any of these mix. There is definitely something not wright about these mixes. But as soon as you say FAKE people start getting upset
jmrecillas
OK, Thanks a lot for information. I think Fake people usually get upset because they prefere get mad to trying to understand. This last its a little more harder. I'm agree with you about this repeated Sasha's sets. By the way, its not the only one who does that. Many does it. But in this case, we have to conclude that its for sure that Sasha play two different sets in Guadalajara and Monterrey in 2002, and later on he or someone else upload one only set that we can't know if it was actually played live in Guadalajara or Monterrey, or if was made in studio and labeled twice in wrong way. So, this way, we never know for sure that. This doesn't mean that this set is absolutly brilliant and amazingly mixing, whatever the hell he has been played, in a studio or right from the decks in one of those two clubs.

So, if someone outhere is mad about this, its something that doesn't deserve so much attention. I only bring it to discussion because we must know for sure what is what we are really listening, and not only put music as robots.
sex hitcher
Apparently the Skizzo Club set was actually Autocinema Club, Monterey, Mexico 6-3-03
leebates1986
quote:
Originally posted by sex hitcher
Sasha - Wavy Gravy
Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL Remix)
Amber - Anyway (Steve Porter Unreleased Mix 1)
Sasha vs Underworld - Cowpander
Nalin & Kane - Beachball
Fluke - Pulse
Sasha & James Holden - Bloodlock
Junkie XL - Breezer
Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg Scorched Remix)
Sasha vs Junkie XL - Beauty Never Fades

anychance of uploading that somewhere mate? ing nice tracklist
sex hitcher
Live @ Autocinema Club, Monterey, Mexico 6-3-03 Maybe not Skizzo Club

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

01. Coco da Silva - The Shiva Chant (Ambient Mix)
02. ID
03. Panoptic - Surface
04. Shmuel Flash - The Other Side of Me
05. Golan Globus - Blazer
06. ID
07. Matthew Dekay - Beautiful Monday
08. ID
09. ID
10. ID
11. ID

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

12. Alex Dolby - Psiko Garden (Sasha's 'Streched Limo' Edit)
13. ID
14. ID
15. Sasha - Wavy Gravy (Yunus Unreleased Remix)
16. ID
17. Timo Maas - Unite
18. Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine (Scumfrog Remix)
19. Grayarea - One For The Road (Gabriel & Dresden 'Interstate 5' Mix)
20. Moguai - U Know Y (Starecase Remix)
21. U.N.K.L.E. - In A State (Sasha Edit)
22. Sasha vs Underworld - Cowpander (Junkie XL Remix)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement