return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

order from www.hmv.co.uk??
View this Thread in Original format
hapamoto
anyone ever order from www.hmv.co.uk?? i ordered from them and its been almost a month and my status still says some of the records are on special order from the suppliers.. y do they take so long? thats too bad because they have a pretty nice selection and pretty cheap prices..
DJTJ
I've ordered from them a few times, they aren't too bad. They take a long time because they list a lot of tracks that they don't actually stock themselves, but know where to get their hands on them, and so can list a far greater catalogue. It's just a matter of waiting for these outside suppliers to send the record to HMV. I ordered Born Slippy from them a while back, and it took about 2 months to come but I got it eventually.

Most new tracks they will have in their own warehouses, and so will come really quickly. Older/rarer ones are the ones they order from outside suppliers, so if you can't find it anywhere else then it might be worth the wait.
hapamoto
oh man!!!! well i have like 8 records on order w/ them and most are ready.. born slippy is actually one of the ones i have that is still on special order.. and i chose the complete shipping option so that they don't ship anythign till the entire order is filled.. i guess this means i gotta wait another month until my records can be delivered!!!!!
M.A.R.K
quote:
Originally posted by hapamoto
oh man!!!! well i have like 8 records on order w/ them and most are ready.. born slippy is actually one of the ones i have that is still on special order.. and i chose the complete shipping option so that they don't ship anythign till the entire order is filled.. i guess this means i gotta wait another month until my records can be delivered!!!!!

not true. after a period of holding on the stock for 10 days they part ship your order. they charge you for the shipping of whatever they sent you and the rest will be on backorder for you. the next time they ship they will charge you shipping again but they will never charge you more than you would have had to if it all came in.

my case was, i got urban train and they charged me 5.50 for shipping. thats the standard for 1 record. then they charge me 2.50 for flesh that came about 1 month later. now i am getting universal nation in the mail right now. didn't charge me a pence for it.

i ordered 6 items and shipping would have cost 8.00 to ship all 6. now they have charged me 7.00 for 3 items and i'm assuming they will not charge me another buck for any shipping until the last item is sent. :)
hapamoto
excellent.. thanks for the re-assurence mark!! well i chose to have them only shipped as the complete order cos i figured that the shipping would be less.. and on the status screen it says that the records that ARE NOT on special order, are "Complete, will be despatched in accordance with selected shipping option " so im thinking i maybe waiting... :(
hapamoto
now hmv is pissing me off. I just received an email stating that another one of the records is out of stock and on special order. i think thats total bunk because i checked just yesterday and it said it was complete and ready to be shipped... so now 5 of the 9 records i ordered are on special order.. at the time i placed the order, only 3 of the 9 were on special order from their suppliers.. im really close to cancelling that order because they are really trying my patience!
Narcissus
Hi,
This used to happen to me all the time. I've got all these sorted out when I started to place order with them manually. I got quite aquainted with a guy there and he goes out of his way to satisfy me. All this is because I can't order online as it keeps returniong me errors. So I keep adding a couple of records every week and just pay for them and get them free shipped as they come in stock. They are really nice people. If you've been waiting for quite a while just mail them and say you've been waiting for quite a while and you need them to part ship whatever they can first.
And what's this about born slippy... is it really that good? What other vinyls are you getting that needs back order? Give us a tip!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement