return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

HD 280's
View this Thread in Original format
shompton
Just got my HD280's in the mail. These things are some badass ing cans. I'd say my only complaint would be that they look a bit... um... like... chunky on my head. They look monsterous, however the sound quality and isolation is dope as , and they're comfortable as a mother******.
skywarp
quote:
Originally posted by shompton
... and they're comfortable as a mother******.

How would you know how comfortable a mother****** is ?
shompton
quote:
Originally posted by skywarp

How would you know how comfortable a mother****** is ?

Through extensive experience.
OtakuCat
yeah id have to admit i love them,i ordered them not to long ago and ever since then have been very impressed with the overall quality
spectra
yea! There the kings! better than the HD25's and cheaper too.
Dj Flesch
I also just got a pair of HD280s and I don't like them as much as my sony MDR-V700s. The HD280s are lighter, have slightly better noise reduction and also have replacable parts (good because I had to replace the MDRs becaue my dogs ate through the cord). Though the Sony's have much better bass responce, especially at higher volumes. I noticed that the HD280s will distort way before the MDRs will.
dvd
i got my 280s a couple days ago but i havent 'burned' them in yet, which so many people say i hav eto. The bass response is problay more acurate than the sony ones you got.
DJ_Shockwav
there's a sticky thread for headphones in this forum
ShadySlim
Dj Flesch, if after trying out the Sennheiser HD 280 PROs you still like the Sony MDR-V700DJ more, go ahead and buy those quite inaccurate V700DJs. It's your money. :p
Gluegun
DJ Flesch:

On some sources, the MDR-V6's will have stronger bass and less distortion than the HD280's... are you SURE it is not your mixer distorting? There is a good chance that is what is distorting, rather than the headphones themselves...

Where did you get your 280's from? Headphone.com? Have you been burning them in? Have you tried playing them on more than just your mixer? Does the added isolation help in the amount of volume you need?

A few people seem to have gotten some early, 'dud' version of the HD280's, pre-release versions that were sold incorrectly as the real thing... also, they need lots of burn in...

Have you tried these things??
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement