return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

paranoia to the max
View this Thread in Original format
Jah
im not sure if im wearing my vinyls out or not :( my ortofon carts already slope downwards compared to the stanton ones so ive put the height as high as it can go and the needle would still be ripping into the vinyl (from all the additional weight too) so i was wondering you know the little pin well the bit that its actually attached too pushes up quite a fair bit when i place the stylus down so is this normallike is that meant to bend back and forth as the pin comes down on the vinyl? for resistance argh i dunno i dont think im wearing out my vinyl but i could be and not knowing? my weight is only at 1.5 and it still seems the needle is digging in maybe cause i just think of the added weight pushing into it when letting go compared to 0 but is that normal?
i ed around with my cueing lever and
it seems right cause if i bring it up anymore
the needle wont touch the record the whole way round (as most records are slightly warped) so it does need to be that low :P
am i stressing :P?`
Jah
ok with the parania i checked i had a genius idea instead of looking at how high my cart was from the above/next too it trying to guess if its in line with the slipmat :) i went to the other (top left corner) of my turntable and looked down ther eto see if the needle just touches the slipmat from there i found the best height to be 5 is this right for my cart? i dunno if its good or not but its a
ortofon pro s thats what it says :P is it any good sorry i know all about styli
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement