return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
new to producing...
View this Thread in Original format
shorelinetrance
yo whats up guys

i have fl studio, and vanguard/nexus/v-station/z3ta and a bunch of other plugins, and both versions of vengence club sounds

i have basic musical knowledge, but when it comes down to it, i jus't cant construct a song.

i understand trance song structure, but i just struggle putting everything together?

i understand fl studio quite well from other music stuff i've done.

but trance is hard for me.

can anyone give me tips and explain trance structure a little bit more?

thanks
echosystm
try to copy what other people do

/end thread
mysticalninja
give up
shorelinetrance
quote:
Originally posted by echosystm
try to copy what other people do

/end thread

thats the thing i try to listen to trance tunes and most of the time i can't tell which is which in a song :(

only the beat i can actively pay attention too.

my ears are ed i guess -_-
alanzo
Well you must be very dedicated after spending the money for all that software.. it would be a terrible waste of money if you just give up (and kill yourself).

So keep trying and don't expect to be able to produce anything worth listening to until you produce daily for at least two years.
shorelinetrance
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
Well you must be very dedicated after spending the money for all that software.. it would be a terrible waste of money if you just give up (and kill yourself).

So keep trying and don't expect to be able to produce anything worth listening to until you produce daily for at least two years.

lol i didn't spend any money :)
alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by shorelinetrance
lol i didn't spend any money :)

Then you must be using someone else's studio? Or perhaps a friend paid for them and gave them to you as a gift?
shorelinetrance
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
Then you must be using someone else's studio? Or perhaps a friend paid for them and gave them to you as a gift?

no, lets just say i know my way around the internet ;)
Beyer
Try and fail.. A LOT! Don't expect to have this served on a silver plate, no one of us did. Complete a whole song, and give it to us for review. Listen to the suggestions to what your track may lack, and try to improve the next time. Learn how to make your own sounds. Don't ask for help for every small obstacle you may encounter. Buy the software you use.

Not trying to be rude.
alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by shorelinetrance
no, lets just say i know my way around the internet ;)

Hrmm... you used the internet to contact the developers of all that software you mentioned and convinced them to give you promotional copies?

shorelinetrance
quote:
Originally posted by Beyer
Try and fail.. A LOT! Don't expect to have this served on a silver plate, no one of us did. Complete a whole song, and give it to us for review. Listen to the suggestions to what your track may lack, and try to improve the next time. Learn how to make your own sounds. Don't ask for help for every small obstacle you may encounter. Buy the software you use.

Not trying to be rude.

no man i understand its not rude at all.

its just frustrating to look at beginners songs and its good compared to your stuff, i've only had this stuff a week so i guess i can't really complain haha.

and yes alanzo, "promotional copies":D
Beyer
quote:
Originally posted by shorelinetrance i've only had this stuff a week so i guess i can't really complain haha.

:conf: come on.. this stuff takes a long time to learn. Come back when you've struggled for a few months.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement