return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
What´s the main thing about producing?
View this Thread in Original format
olwenskatha
Hello guys:

I started this thread so you could let me know, what´s the main thing, i mean is it a particular sound that you could find it out in all the songs you produce, or what does it take to be creative enough to develop your own "sound"...
is it a lot of stuff, or is just one well develop to take your mix to the next level

it would be really kind of you if you guys let me know

Thanks in advance :)
MrJiveBoJingles
The "main thing" about producing?

Creativity, I imagine. Nobody can teach you to "be creative." You either are you aren't.

The other big thing is technique, learning how to use synths, percussion, and effects to put together a track. Anybody can learn that.
jupiterone
music appreciation, creativity
derail
When someone has their own, distinctive sound, that comes from life, from experience. We all grow up, experiencing life in different ways. As kids we listen to certain types of music, maybe later on different types, then there are a heap of non-musical experiences as well. That provides us with our particular, personal view of life and that will come through in our productions. Then, there are the hundreds/ thousands of production methods we use to try and bring ourselves across to the listener.

The main thing is life, experience. The more you have of it, the more you focus on expressing that through music, the more you'll have a voice which is distinctly your own.
echosystm
fame, girls
KilldaDJ
er...making good sounding music?
Rinster
quote:
Originally posted by derail
When someone has their own, distinctive sound, that comes from life, from experience. We all grow up, experiencing life in different ways. As kids we listen to certain types of music, maybe later on different types, then there are a heap of non-musical experiences as well. That provides us with our particular, personal view of life and that will come through in our productions. Then, there are the hundreds/ thousands of production methods we use to try and bring ourselves across to the listener.

The main thing is life, experience. The more you have of it, the more you focus on expressing that through music, the more you'll have a voice which is distinctly your own.

well said man.. :)
olwenskatha
i guess, from my experience is the way you find the life sound, i don`t know i was just being curious, cause if you come to think about it, comercial mtv music is all flat theres nothing special about it from my point of view, the porpouse of it is just sell everything except the music...

i guess time will tell me what`s my sound :) anyway keep posting what do you people think about it
celestial thug
having a lot of fun mixed with determination to finnish what you start.

Personally i have only really been into trance for a year and a half or so, but when i go back in my backcatalogue and listen to the drumnbass and techno i did i can hear a quite distinct sound. And i just figured that it was the sound of a guy having fun...and of longdrawn nocturnal hashish smoking sessions.

I think we all have our own sound, but when we are in the learning phase we lean up against other peoples sound to figure out the tricks of the trade. This is how i did, and how anyone i know did it.

Often when people ask me for trick on how to "do music" i tell them to carbon copy their favorite tracks down to the last filter pitch. Soon it gets boring, but the techniques learned are now avaible in their own project and the rest is just about experience.
Stef De Roux
Go outside and walk around until you see something that moves you in a way that nothing else could, when you feel that you have gotten enough out of the short walk, go home and just relax and the next day sit down and worry about producing. You will find that you are much more free and unswayed.

Mr.Mystery
Money.
olwenskatha
quote:
Originally posted by Stef De Roux
Go outside and walk around until you see something that moves you in a way that nothing else could, when you feel that you have gotten enough out of the short walk, go home and just relax and the next day sit down and worry about producing. You will find that you are much more free and unswayed.

yeah lol its funny what you say cause yesterday i started to do that and it really help me a lot, what i saw it was a really pretty sunset while i was listening to beauty hides in the deep by the doppler effect, man i gotta tell ya yesterday was one of those days where you confirm that what you are doing is in the right path .. :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement