return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Weird problem in Logic
View this Thread in Original format
Frequency Frank
I'm running Logic 8 on my Macbook (2ghz, w/ 2 gigs of ram), and am getting a weird problem. The project I'm working in isn't huge(35 tracks or so), but one of the CPU usages (the right one if you use the popup window, the bottom one if you keep it docked) keeps spiking every few seconds for no reason. The other meter is at like 20%. It's annoying, because then the sound gets distorted when it peaks. I've tried freezing some tracks and increasing the buffer size, and nothing has helped. I'm running 2 rob papen synths and the logic effects, that's it. I don't get it :(
Beyer
I've heard of this problem from so many people now, that it has to be a bug.

I have the same problem - while my audio doesn't distort when it happens (yet), the cpu usage is clearly unbalanced and one of the meters spike quite often.

I don't think it has something to do with 3rd party plugins compatibility, but a bug the programmers haven't resolved yet. the code is still fresh, so there will be several updates before logic 8 is rock solid. (If it will ever be) :D

I'm sure apple gets a huge amount of emails regarding this, so hopefully this will be resolved with the next update.
Eric J
Sometimes this can happen if you run too many instances of Space Designer. If you are running more than 2 or 3 on a MacBook 2Ghz, then you are running too many. Re-route to some sends to conserve on CPU.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement