return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
A photojournal of RJT and lucid's Amsterdam shenanigans!
View this Thread in Original format
lücid
yes, finally. :p

RANDOM WALKING AROUND THE CITY

CHILLING OUT IN OUR FAVORITE COFFEESHOPS

Hunters - this is where we drank a lot of beer, smoked a lot of joints, and listened to some of the best music in all of Amsterdam. the music here ranged from cheesy epic house ("everything sounds like it could be a Deadmau5 track") to head-bobbin' Villalobos to a 40-something woman DJ who looked like my mom, dropping some of the best house tunes on vinyl. nothing better than being able to chill at tables in the back, listening to good dance music, getting faded and deciphering random conversations with English guys who are very excited to tell you about a guy they saw who passed out on the street next to a public urinal.

Kadinsky - this was probably our favorite place to get out of the rain/snow and lose track of time until the weather cleared. they had some of the coolest interior design - very clean, minimalistic, and modern, but since it was split tri-level you felt cozy no matter where you were chilling. the lower level was probably the best, and they had pinball down there, so that made it even more win.

The Dolphins - the interior of this place was completely designed as if it were underwater. they had coral reef coming out of the walls, dolphins painted on the walls, light fixtures over the bar that were actual fish tanks, etc. the girls working behind the bar were awesome, and they also played a really great selection of good and cheesy dance music. this is where we heard DJ Jean - The Launch. there was never really a good chance to take pictures of the inside, but you can see in the photo above that i went snorkeling with the dolphins.

Betty Boop and Betty Too - i didn't get the greatest photos of either of these shops, but both of them were just so chill. the way they were laid out made it feel like you were hanging out in someone's basement or kitchen, and the staff certainly added to that.

this wasn't a coffeeshop and i totally didn't catch the name of it, but it was a little cafe and bar that we stopped into one night that ended up being a really great place to chill for a while. the bartenders were so awesome and down to earth, and this is where i drank beer that was brewed by midgets.

RANDOM GRAFFITI AND SCRIBBLES

TASTY EATS

Burger Bar - just a tiny hole in the wall type place, tucked away neatly in an alley, but they served the best burgers i have ever had in my life. sexual burgers.

Miami - we sampled falalfel from at least 8-10 different places, and this was by far the best.

New York Pizza - "Damn Tasty!" and "The Original" are their slogans, LOL.

CRAZY

one of the first things we saw after we got off the train on Sunday morning while we were looking for a place to eat breakfast was this kitty passed out on a stuffed deer in a shop window.

inside our hostel room, someone had written "Matt-Wisco" on some of the artwork. i don't know if that means he's from Wisconsin, or his name just happens to be Matt-Wisco, but either way, they were disturbed, and we thought it was neat.

apparently DJ Mikey Mike has a very gay playlist.

more stuff that was decorating the walls in our hotel room. i wish i could have taken pictures of what it all looked like when i was tripping.

these are terrible pictures, but this one bar that we chilled at a lot had this Blatz thing up on a shelf above the bar that said "I'm From Milwaukee" and also served Flying Dog beer (one of our favorites from the states).

this is Rob chilling in the little hallway between our hostel bar and the actual hostel itself. this photo was taken literally minutes before we got banned from the St. Christopher's chain of inns and hostels... all for shaking a vending machine and setting off a security alarm. damn you, paprika crisps!!

on our last night (bonus night) in Amsterdam, this little space monkey robot guy came out of nowhere and smoked a joint with us. i decided to capture him and take him back to the states with me, but he wasn't happy about it and decided to run away back to his homeland (wherever that is). i'll miss the fella, but we had some great times.

COR version: Amsterdam ing rules. :D
bas
Yay! The city look so clean. My favorite was the aquatic mini golf course.
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Yay! The city look so clean. My favorite was the aquatic mini golf course.

the guys in jumpsuits that come out every morning to hose down the streets was one of the coolest things i've seen. they really do a good job of keeping that city spotless after thousands of drunk/high/crazy people trash it every night!
Lebezniatnikov
The similarity between Amsterdam and Copenhagen is really remarkable. Great pictures!
bas

I also lol'd really hard at this.
Renzo
ing paprika crisps. They always everything up.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

And they taste exactly like BBQ, yet I crave them so much more. :(
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by Renzo

they're made of hatred and lies.
enydo
Awesome pictures, Amsterdam looks phenomenal. Really hope I can make it out there some day.
Renzo
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
they're made of hatred and lies.

Much like Grandma.

Renzo
I kid, of course. That bitch makes some delicious mashed potatoes.
charon
fhuckin schweeeeeet... can I come next time? ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement