return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Album Reviews / New Releases Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Pryda/Prydz - Fabric Test
View this Thread in Original format
Alex
:wtf:

It's generic but I like it, why I don't know, I must suck @lyfe but whatevs, amirite?

:wtf:

I bet it will make clubbers dislocate their shoulders fist pumping.

Anyone know a release date? I got the stupid thing from my recpool but I'm wondering when he'll unleash this one to top the charts?
RJT
Sample?
Alex
Found this on youtube, full track from what I can gather comparing it to the one I have on my phone:

Not sure why there's a full tune on Youtube though... Unless that's how they pre-promo it now? :conf:
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Not sure why there's a full tune on Youtube though... Unless that's how they pre-promo it now? :conf:

Been happening for a while now - they show up every now and then. I kind of like it, at least you can listen to a decent quality sample relatively easily (more so than MySpace).

:)

This one sounds like a whole bunch of old Pryda ideas coming together into one tune - I hear some "Aftermath" in there for sure.

It is definitely pretty simple, but I too find myself liking it - I wish it had a different bassline in it than it does, because the farty blandness really kills some of the tunes potential. The kind of Cirez D style tech-clitchy-noise he throws in at the end also works well, but again, that and the strings would work better with a different bassline.

I really think if this one was only slightly more interesting it would be really, really solid.
Alex
That's always his story lately, isn't it?

If it were only sliiiiiiiiiightly more interesting it would be huge.

Not that this tune wont be donkey punching the rest of the tunes in the charts all summer long, but still.

I'm liking how a lot of the proggier and proggier tech house tunes are throwing in this enormous synth stabs all of a sudden, perfect for summer time music, makes me think of care free 80s music. I hope this trend lasts so long as the weather does.
RJT
The "stabbing synth" thing you're mentioning is something I've noticed a lot lately too - seems like loads of producers have been taking a page from the Kevin Saunderson handbook. :p
Alex
The trend I've been seeing is the cool bassline, often big and running, with a big synth stab every 2 or 4 bars, like that remix of Stan Kolev's Breakout, I think it was James Harcourt?

It's a cool sound, again, perfect sunny weather music for dumb dancing and no thinking.
cmay119
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Been happening for a while now - they show up every now and then. I kind of like it, at least you can listen to a decent quality sample relatively easily (more so than MySpace).

This one sounds like a whole bunch of old Pryda ideas coming together into one tune - I hear some "Aftermath" in there for sure.

It is definitely pretty simple, but I too find myself liking it - I wish it had a different bassline in it than it does, because the farty blandness really kills some of the tunes potential. The kind of Cirez D style tech-clitchy-noise he throws in at the end also works well, but again, that and the strings would work better with a different bassline.

I really think if this one was only slightly more interesting it would be really, really solid.

Damnit! Yeah, that bassline is aweful. Otherwise the track is pretty solid. I'm hoping Prydz goes back to what he was doing 2006-early 2007. ARMED/RYMD still remains as the last really good release from him (IMO). He's a talented producer, I just wish he'd find some new inspiration and drop another Frankfurt on us.
iammesol
me this is in RECORD POOLS NOW?! It was ripped from his illegally recorded liveset in Zagreb, as well as Miami Atlanta. Those two titles aren't even the real ones. It isn't planned for release or anything, and he's actually probably NOT going to because of all the leaks. Sad, because he was still adding/editing it, which could've probably fixed ya'lls opinions.

Edit: just listened to that youtube video, and you can hear the stuff he was doing with the EFX-1000 during the show, definitely a setrip :(
woscar99
quote:
Originally posted by RJT

I hear some of "Armed" as well...and yeah, the bassline sucks

IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
quote:
Originally posted by Alex
I bet it will make clubbers dislocate their shoulders fist pumping.

oh , picturing that made me spit my juice out.

:haha:

i love fisting, btw.
woscar99
quote:
Originally posted by IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
i love fisting, btw.

I don't judge...

:p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement