return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Simple things that cause you retard moments.
View this Thread in Original format
Yan
Happen to everyone.

My personal:

The months of the year. I can't seem to remember their numbers. I always have to count it out in my head. Jan, Feb, Mar, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec usually don't cause me much grief but the others require me to leap over mountains to figure out.

I have to stop and think about 80% of the time when it comes to knobs and how to turn them to do what. I end up repeating "lefty loosey, righty tighty" in my mind before attempting to do anything.

I'm used to saying "wake up later today" while most, if not all, of my friends use "wake up tomorrow", if we're up past midnight for a certain day. So the conservation gets derailed as soon as there's mention of "doing stuff tomorrow" (which I believe is the day after the one we're speaking). Then I gotta figure out when this thing is realiy happening and if the people I'm speaking with are on the same wavelength as myself.
Fl@k Monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Yan
I'm used to saying "wake up later today" while most, if not all, of my friends use "wake up tomorrow", if we're up past midnight for a certain day. So the conservation gets derailed as soon as there's mention of "doing stuff tomorrow" (which I believe is the day after the one we're speaking). Then I gotta figure out when this thing is realiy happening and if the people I'm speaking with are on the same wavelength as myself.

Rofl... what?

I do the lefty righty thing.. Only because theres been too many times where iv turned on a tap wrong and burnt the crap out of myself with hot water.

The old .. Sugar in the fridge, milk in the cupboard..Theres been one time where i actually went to get a cup of coffee and a drink of water.. Somehow the cup of coffee went to the fridge and i came back with the water.. :/
david.michael
I'm just generally scatterbrained when it comes to remembering simple things that I need/use every day. (Phone, wallet, ID badge for work, Blackberry, keys, etc.)

I have a tendency to leave important things at random places because I can't stand to have things in my pockets/attached to my belt/etc, so the first thing I do when I get somewhere is unload everything onto a table.
ZeJayMan
When reading american publications, how the date is stupidly reversed makes no sense to me. it often leaves me stupified figuring out if something happened on the eleventh of april or the fourth of november.

it doesnt make logical sense to have the month before the day god damn it.
nefardec
quote:
Originally posted by Yan

my rule is, it's not tomorrow until I wake up
Dr. DAS
quote:
Originally posted by nefardec

+1

That's my policy, too.

The exception is if you do the all-nighter and then go back out. As soon as you go back out, it's tomorrow.

If it is 5am and you're sitting around sketching, it's still today.
Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by nefardec

ding
chimera66
seriously, i never sleep the same day i wake up.
Abercrombie
I stutter when I speak with hot girls that are out of my league.
Slylee
this thread.

i didn't read it right the first time and i was about to quote yan's original post about the month thing and be like, "30 days in september, april, june and november...DUH"

:stongue:

Project-K
I could never read analog clocks at a glance. I understand how they work, but it always takes me a good 5-10 seconds to figure out what time it is.
Cloudburst
when people say "you're welcome" I say it too, instead of "thank you".
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement