return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Using Virus B as an effects unit?
View this Thread in Original format
Sound O fTrance
Any help on this would be much appreciated...

I am looking to use the LFO/FILTERS/REVERB on my Virus B for effects on various audio and VST channels in Ableton 7. How exactly would I go about routing these VST and audio channels through my Virus for live effect application?
Subtle
Im not expert on this, but u would probably need to route one output from Ableton, into the Virus B and back in the computer.

And then set up Ableton to send to different output channels on your soundcard.
Theran
quote:
Originally posted by Sound O fTrance
Any help on this would be much appreciated...

I am looking to use the LFO/FILTERS/REVERB on my Virus B for effects on various audio and VST channels in Ableton 7. How exactly would I go about routing these VST and audio channels through my Virus for live effect application?

First off all, I don't know why you should do this, there are a lot of good plugins that could do this for you.

I don't know how the outputs on the Virus B are arranged. But what you need to do is route the signal of the VST to your mixer, and rout it to the the input of the virus. You can do this by putting it on a fx send bus on your mixer (don't know what mixer you use) or just by routing you computer output to your virus' input. It's easy if you have multiple outputs on your soundcard.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement