return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Best PvD Track
View this Thread in Original format
P`zazz
I'd like to ask which track you believe is the best ever produced by PvD. Along with his best track you could also say which you think is his best remix of a track :D I'm just asking cause someone I know who doesn't have a single clue about what trance is asked me to send him some PvD choons cause he is wondering who is this PvD is and why is he so great. So a first good ipression about trance would be nice :)
Alccode
Well, PVD has such a wide array of tracks, some being not so stellar as others, that it would be wise to make a proper selection.

I'm unfamiliar with some of PVD's earliest offerings, which are very much touted as being some of his best work, so I can't help you there. But I'm sure someone more experienced with PVD's early days can help you out.

As for PVD's "best track" I would say definitely go for For An Angel (IMHO). Personally I like PVD's E-werk Club Mix the most, for it retains the charm of the original as well as injecting some energy to make it dancefloor-friendly.

Some other PVD tracks that I think would make a good choice include Another Way, Tell Me Why, Out There and Back and others.

As for remixes, two really stand out for me:

Romanthony - Never (PVD's Late Night Remix), and
The Space Brothers - Everywhere I Go (PVD Remix)

I really think these two hit the spot. Some people don't like the Romanthony track, though, so I guess it's a hit-or-miss matter based on your personal tastes.

On top of that I would suggest that you go out and get some of his albums. Two noteworthy ones are Out There And Back (also the name of one of his tracks) as well as the Politics of Dancing 2-CD set.

Especially the latter - I *definitely* believe this would be a great introduction to PVD in general. This is because PVD isn't only about the tracks he produces, but ALSO about the music he plays. It would do your friend good if he heard not only some of PVD's own music, but also PVD at work spinning one of his awesome sets. In that regard you might want to download some of PVD's live sets as well. The cheering and enthusiasm of the crowd will impress your friend I think. :) You have a decent selection here on TA itself. I recommend the Mayday 2000 or Live @ Home 2000 live sets (especially the latter).

Hope that helps! :cool:
P`zazz
Alccode, that was a nice speach :) I'll follow some of your tips, and I would definately agree that the romanthony remix is an awesome tune but some people just don't appreciate it. Thanx a ton :)
Dj_Activated
Paul van Dyk - For an Angel! :D
DJ A.i
IMO PVD's best tracks ever: FOR AN ANGEL and forbidden fruit.
and i also enjoyed his remix of the thrillseekers... forgot the name of that song though.. hmmmm.
DJ-Energy
i say the best PvD track is

Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel

but one of my other favorites are

Paul Van Dyk - We're Alive (Breathless Mix)
Werewolf
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Activated
Paul van Dyk - For an Angel! :D

agreed !
Abbas
quote:
Originally posted by Werewolf

agreed !

I agree as well, its a classic! :D
FuzzyGreen
I would recommend:

Words
Another Way
Vega (staircase mix)
MERiDiAN5i2
agreed.. e-werk mix of for an angel.. good lawd, i dont like much trance expect the real hard stuff (paul janes, scot project, glazby, etc) but that track kicks a$$ !!
(just bought it on vynil a few days ago!)

-mer

Veldrid
Without a doubt, PvD ~ For an Angel
JohnSmith
Seems For an Angel is the consensus.

truly, an awesome tune.

i think i like We're Alive even better though, the original mixes of both.

I have never heard this romanthony never remix everyone keeps telling me to get it, but i haven't bothered yet.

I have the PVD mix of U2 - elevation, it kicks some serious ass too.

but all in all, the first reply to this thread was the best one.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement