return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Where to host a MP3'ed demo set?
View this Thread in Original format
MERiDiAN5i2
Greets all...

Now that I'm becoming more and more comfortable with vynil (and finally have a mixer that doesnt sound like hell), i'm working on putting together a demo. I would like to be able to distribute it via MP3 format for anyone to download so I can start to get some feedback on how i'm doing.

The question arises: Where do i host it? I don't have much outgoing bandwidth available from my home connection, and many hosting sites will not allow music to be hosted, or have excessivly small bandwidth caps or outrageous prices.

Has anyone found a good solution? I just want about 75 megs of storage space to be able to to host one cd-length set, and enough bandwidth allotment to let plenty of people get ahold of it without paying through the roof... Is this possible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :toothless

-mer
P`zazz
check out www.streamload.com

You can upload as much as you want and when someone wants your stuff you can send it to him in SECONDS with just a click. Offcoarse if you have a free account and not a paying you can only download 10 mb at the same time so you'll have to split it with hjsplit or something if others are to download. I've seen it on other forums and it works very nicely and smoothly.
MERiDiAN5i2
hmm.. interesting site.. but all too complicated! there's no way users should have to worry about registering just to get thier hands on my mix... what i really want is somewhere i can drop the file on a webserver, say at www.thehost.com/~username/mixset.mp3.. then i can create a redirect (using no-ip) to that address... and people would always be able to hit the redirect to grab my latest set...

interesting site though... thanks for the link :D

-mer
ampburner
well, you can always share it on AG...
Dj_Activated
Or you can just set up your own ftp and let ppl download from there :D
P`zazz
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Activated
Or you can just set up your own ftp and let ppl download from there :D

I was just thinking of that, I think it's the best solution, u get unlimited webspace :D
MERiDiAN5i2
quote:

Or you can just set up your own ftp and let ppl download from there
---

I was just thinking of that, I think it's the best solution, u get unlimited webspace

True. plenty of space. but no bandwidth... I only get 128kbit outgoing bandwidth... which is no good... which means even at full bandwidth it would take over an hour for someone to download an hour mixset..... that's no good...

-mer
P`zazz
quote:
Originally posted by MERiDiAN5i2

True. plenty of space. but no bandwidth... I only get 128kbit outgoing bandwidth... which is no good... which means even at full bandwidth it would take over an hour for someone to download an hour mixset..... that's no good...

-mer

well then I tell you go for streamload, it only takes a few minutes to register, plus i think many people here must have an account (I have 5 :D)
MERiDiAN5i2
hmm.. streamload is expensive.. and they claim they delete content that is not popular... that would piss me off royally, because my content will be unique... and it really would be nice to be able to post pics of me, my equiptment, and info about me... so a real website would be preferable....

looks like i may have found a site:

http://www.dgtweb.com/hosting_basic_gold.htm

thier AUP mentions nothing about music... only copyright infringment.. 65mb storage space (that would fit a set @ 96khz easily) and unlimited bandwidth, $11/month. not bad. tempting to try them out. i wonder if they have decent bandwidth...

-mer
P`zazz
I knew a host that offered unlimited webspace and bandwidth for like 15 or 25 USD, let me check it out and I'll let you know

JohnSmith
hmm.. i need a place to store files too, with reliable fast servers, no restrictions on file types, FTP access, and.. at least 1 GB of space, and probably 500Mb/day bandwidth or so.

anyone know a place? i'm willing to pay for it. :D
DJ LIQUID
quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith
hmm.. i need a place to store files too, with reliable fast servers, no restrictions on file types, FTP access, and.. at least 1 GB of space, and probably 500Mb/day bandwidth or so.

anyone know a place? i'm willing to pay for it. :D

www.bluedomino.com

look at the ultimate package

» 1 GB Storage Space
» Unlimited Bandwidth
» etc.

it'll cost you $34.95 a month :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement