return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
What would you do if you had no Internet access for a year?
View this Thread in Original format
MrJiveBoJingles
How would you use your spare time? How would your life be different?

Just a thought experiment...
SYSTEM-J
I'd probably be a marathon runner by the end of the year.
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'd probably be a marathon runner by the end of the year.

:D
Meat187
I'd have the best grades in the entire university. Evenn better than the crazy chinese guys sleeping in the library.
MrJiveBoJingles
By the end of the year I would probably have made at least two or three albums' worth of music. Like Meat187, I would also probably have much better grades.
bananas
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
I'd have the best grades in the entire university. Evenn better than the crazy chinese guys sleeping in the library.

+1
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by MrJiveBoJingles
By the end of the year I would probably have made at least two or three albums' worth of music.

Oh, and I certainly would have finished the couple of short stories I'm working on and possibly even written a novel.

Seriously, I should just cancel my connection. :wtf:
Also, the time I spend on the net is directly proportional to the work I have to do. Anybody else notice that?
iammesol
I would be buying several different newspapers, calling friends more, have better grades, and make a lot more music. Definitely would be going outside more too.

That sounds so awesome when you put it that way, but I could not give up the amount of information transfer that the Internet provides.
woscar
quote:
Also, the time I spend on the net is directly proportional to the work I have to do. Anybody else notice that?

A-ing-MEN! :stongue:
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:

Of course. The Internet is the ultimate in procrastination aids.

MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by iammesol
I would be buying several different newspapers, calling friends more, have better grades, and make a lot more music. Definitely would be going outside more too.

That sounds so awesome when you put it that way, but I could not give up the amount of information transfer that the Internet provides.

I know, I'm addicted to the information flow, too. I think humans are wired to get pleasure from social information, which is what the net provides. It's really just a little trickle of pleasure, IMO, but it's just enough to keep me hooked. I have tried to cut myself off for a couple weeks before and I feel "deprived" in some way.
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by iammesol

But when you think about, do you really need information about guys in Florida setting each other on fire or how Slylee's bf bought new shoes?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Privacy Statement