return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Myagi - Monolith - Out soon - Support from Utah Saints, DJ Dan, Dub Pistols etc!
View this Thread in Original format
Myagi
Myagi - Monolith - Pop And Lock

Original
Myagi Acid Funk Breaks Remix
Jake Chec Remix

Preview at:
http://www.myspace.com/myagisoleclaw

Myagi's "Pop And Lock Records" is heating up - the ridiculously good "How To Test" ep is chased by this triple heater of Myagi tracks fronted by the prog meets minimal meets electro "Monolith" - chunky big techy house beats combine with raspy bass, fidgety synth hits and a melodic bittersweet lead to create a huge combo that defies genre limits and plots new territory for the label.

Myagi's "acid funk breaks" remix is a huge nu-skool-y broken beat affair with monster leads and a build that evokes old acid big beat. Rolling breaks and synths punch with a huge sub and the whole thing blows up with a tweaked out screaming acid line that squeals with the best of them.

Jake Chec turns in a blinder of a remix, grabbing the best parts of the original and taking the track into prog house territory - big kicks, and acid bassline and a huge breakdown - a monster reworking of a huge original - big rolling Giorgio Moroder-esque house breaks down into a big melodic breakbeat affair and then pulls it all back to a pounding finish. Killer!

Heres what some key players are saying!!!!!

Discoscience
Favourite: myagi`s acid funk remix
Feedback: yes..perfect discoscience trax... big, bassy and in yer face... excellent!!

Carbon Community Dave
Favourite: Undecided
Feedback: Juicy tunes. I am not sure which one is my favorite. All three posses something that I like. Feeling it for sure. I definitely didn't see the breakdown in Jake's mix coming. Like 'em all. Big ups Myagi and friends!

Jon Carter
Favourite: Original mix of Monolith

DJ Dan
Favourite: Acid Funk remix

Myagi's Dad
Favourite: Sorry - don't believe in competitions
Feedback: Great stuff, though some chick (your mom) referenced some reggae feel and I don't find it. Kept waiting for that sub to blow up! Great urban driving sndtrk.

Cut La Roc
Favourite: Like em all
Feedback: Something for everyone here, nice work, will drop it tonight :)

Phil Splitloop
Favourite: Monolith - Myagi's Acid Funk Remix
Feedback: Feeling the Acid Funk remix - got all the usual Myagi attitude with a nice fight between the chords and the elastic synths.

Jez (Utah Saints)
Favourite: Both

Dj Sonny D (owner of the east coast of Canada)
Favourite: Myagi - Monolith - Myagi's Acid Funk Remix
Feedback: I like the Acid Funk Remix myself but I will likely play the original more. It's certainly got that signature Myagi sound. The Jake Chec remix is dope as hell. I hope I get the opportunity to play some late night/early morning sets so I can really get behind that remix.

Ian / Daniella Downs (general Muppet)
Favourite: Acid Funk mix
Feedback: that's what the f&*k i'm talking about. that's f&*in dope right there.

Barry Ashworth (Dub Pistols)
Favourite: Myagi's Acid Funk mix

Rob Savage (Groove Diggerz / Breakin Even)
Favourite: Monolith Original
Feedback: Absolute whopper, lovin all 3 mixes, a great release, love the new direction. big ups mate.

Name: Nick Thayer (aka Nick Thayer)
Favourite: Acid Funk Mix

Sal Lil'Stormer
Favourite: Myagi - Monolith - Myagi's Acid Funk Remix
Feedback: Digging all 3 tracks, can imagine playing each of them out at different times, depending on the mood, set and crowd. Original Monolith is a good chunky mover, good builder. Would play the Acid Funk remix for a more peak time nutty crowd. Love the acid madness innit.

Angus Robinson
Favourite: Acid Funk remix
Feedback: The Acid Funk mix is freakin' brilliant. Those are some crisp drums, man!

Out April 25 at Beatport and all other fine digital retailers shortly after!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement