return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
2009 NHL Offsesaon
View this Thread in Original format
verndogs
quote:
Originally posted by Quethas
1. Tavares, 2. Hedman, 3. Duchene, 4. Kane... No surprise at the top. But after that I find it almost humorous how NHL-teams pick their players. It seems to be all about size these days. Size is good but I bet most of the late round canadians and americans have dominated in junior leagues just with their size and potential is already used. At the same time potential european skaters are left undrafted or are drafted in ridiculously high number. Unless you are swede when it seems that every swede with ability to skate was drafted this year.

I find it amusing that Toni Rajala, player who got the most points in U18 World Championships making 19 points in 6 games making the new all-time record was drafted in 102nd. Now that's steal from Oilers! I predict that some late-round finns like Sami Vatanen, Erik Haula and Tommi Kivistö will make huge impact in a few years or so!

And the last pick of the entire draft was Petteri Similä, huge finnish goaltender which was probably only drafted because he is huge, finnish goaltender. There is no other reason :D
elbasfreak
if the habs waste money on koivu i will buy no tickets this year.

t minus 2 weeks until gainey gets fired.
elbasfreak
same thing if they waste 5 million+ on komisarek but don't sign tangay.

I can't believe philly gave what they did for chris pronger.

one of the biggest d men in the game but wtf.

they are going to regret this in 2 years, and pronger does not get them the cup.
DuBam
Right now, somewhere, someone regrets ever hearing the name 'Dany'
DuBam
Gomez -> MTL

Higginz -> NYR

Win for MTL?
Scoops
Houssa to the Blackhawks
Rodrico
Komisarek to TOR, hmm though I like that were trying to sign new blue liners, I still dont see how Toronto is not gonna suck next year lol.
Deeks1187
after day 1 of free agency all i can say is wtf

every team has like 6 new players
chicago looks like a heavy duty team next year minus a goalie

rangers are still chumps but gaborik should finally bring something more than 32 goals in two years

st louis has to be the sleeper pick
Deeks1187
ps, toronto can and still will suck :o
DuBam
quote:
Originally posted by Deeks1187
rangers are still chumps but gaborik should finally bring something more than 32 goals in two years

Another 32 goals in two years will cost NYR about 15 million dollars, they better be some beautiful ing goals!

DuBam
Saku has officially left the building, I smell a duck.
Quethas
quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
Houssa to the Blackhawks

And now we know the team which loses the Stanley Cup finals!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement