return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

blinding light
View this Thread in Original format
Tarpex
Oh god, sorry to be blunt, but this is horrible.

Sound is disastrous, there's no EQ used whatsoever, everything is just a muddy pot of clashing frequencies masking each other out, I noticed you used some drums, but barely, why the hell is late part way louder than first one, what's the lead of the track, there's nothing to the groove except for some cheap crap trancegate, bass is written well, but the sound of it and non existant equalisation make it as good as a photography of oxygen is to a drowning man...

I expected a bit more from reading comments you were making towards others, guess your credibility just got... Well, you got the picture.

Even for laptop speakers there's at least some basic eq/compression, the likes that can be done almost on auto pilot and at least make the stuff listenable, even though it's musically crap, here it's a fail on all fronts.

It's a bashing critique, yes, since I believe people should have at least some self-respect into what they're putting to whole world to hear, and just putting up random crap they've juggled in 5 minutes doesn't really make anyone's time well spent.
ziptnf
********, I usually never listen to your stuff, but I took a listen to this. I'm not near as pissed off as this other dude, I think you have a very good grasp of keys and melody progression. However, I think you were lazy in your mastering, your beat seemed a little lifeless. Do you have headphones to listen to your work before you export it? I thought everything could be a little more crispy, the kicks could have had a little more beef behind it, and the hats didn't sizzle like they should have. I also thought toward the end of the track, your melodies were getting a little muddled, it seemed a bit overwhelming.

A more minimal approach to the end of the track would have probably been better, maybe if you switched up the melody a little bit.

Put in a little more work, and it will be better. Try again, you're getting there.
Tarpex
Ok, it now sounds just badly mixed, but still, where's the drum groove, you've got a lot to learn (hint, part where there's no kick sounds almost half louder), and the list could go on, but no point in that it seems. There was no need to get hostile with me, I just won't give any false good comments when there are none to be given, if you can't handle one, your bad, not mine :) Take care.
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by ********
There is no mastering!

Why not?

quote:
If you have samples feel open to send them to me.

I might do that if I get a chance.

quote:
Have something, then do something.

(I'm considering letting you hear it without the limiter on it.

I used to produce trance like 5 years ago, it would take me months per track. With the rate you crank out tunes, it seems like you don't put enough time into making them sound good, you make them sound acceptable, then you upload them. I think you should spend more time putting EQ's and effects on your samples/synths rather than just put something together and release it. What software are you using?
Evolve140
quote:
Originally posted by ********
a posting with a few minor tweaks after I plugged in my speakers will be up momentarily.

feel open to comment again face.

ps I think it is constructive to give feedback as was done above but maybe with a glossier intent..

http://williamashley.info/mp3/apollo_26b_28b.mp3

the tweaked version now that I have sound. and no this isn't mastered. I havn't even looked at it a second time for edits yet (but I did lower the volume on the leads.

Why are you being rude? They are being honest, which you should be respecting. If you want honest feedback how is that going to happen if you are so defensive? No one will ever want to comment on your tracks again, which obviously need profound improvement. If you are playing your tunes to grandma she will love them but we're talking about club ready dance floor tracks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement