return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
California/Vegas Event Listings Sub-Forum Discussion
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
Hey all,

I'm thinking things would be a lot less cluttered in here if there was a separate forum for event postings. Much like we have now in:

Toronto
New York
Montreal

Looks like most the events are from LA, SF, SD, LV - any other areas I'm missing?
bigperf
orange county and sacramento since they seem to be getting a lot of good acts booked up there.
yojirave04
its about time
Swamper
My concern is that there will be too many regional areas if I break it down that much. It depends on what is workable...

[LV] Las Vegas

[LA] Los Angeles
[OC] Orange County
[NP] Newport Beach

[SF] San Francisco
[SAC] Sacramento

[SD] San Diego

So, for example, threads like:

Dirty South + Mr and Mrs. Smith @ CODE | Nov. 19th
Above & Beyond 3+ Hour Set - Super8 & Tab (more TBA) - SF Club 1015 NYE Dec 31 , 2009
12.31 - GIANT HOTEL New Year's Eve at The Bonaventure (LA)

would become:

2009.11.19 [NP] Dirty South + Mr and Mrs. Smith @ CODE
2009.12.31 [SF] NYE Above & Beyond 3+ Hour Set - Super8 & Tab (more TBA) - Club 1015
2009.12.31 [LA] GIANT HOTEL New Year's Eve at The Bonaventure
GPC
I think OC, IE and LA are all close enough that they can be in one sub-form.
Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by GPC
I think OC, IE and LA are all close enough that they can be in one sub-form.

It'll be one sub-forum but with the 2 or 3 character abbreviations for each area in the thread title (just after the date)... I think I'll start with just SF/LA/SD/LV and expand from there as needed
DjWoody
You should also include OC since Giant does weeklies. Don't do Newport since it's part of OC and there are events outside of Newport.
|Thrax|
LA,OC,SD,SF
mar46017
Great idea Swamper! I've been asking for something like this for a while now. Thanks for bringing it to your attention!
DaveT
Cool idea, I'm not sure if this rule might necessarily work like in the other boarsd...

(6) If you can't select your event date from the drop-down menu then you must check back later to see if it is available. We do this to draw more attention to the events coming up in the next 6 weeks (approx.) rather than diverting hype to an event 2+ months away.

Cali has a lot of HUGE events (Monster Massive, Together As One, LovEvolution/LoveParade, EDC, Nocturnal, and many more) which are often announced and well hyped more than six weeks prior to the event.

As far as areas, I think you do need to break it down quite abit.

But no need for [NP] Newport Beach since that's just Orange County and can fall under there. Also need to add [ARZ] Arizona, [DEN] Denver, [SEA] Seattle, at least at some point. Not many events pushed for those areas here, though.

You at least need seperate ones for Sacramento & Orange County (as Swamper's last post indicates he doesn't want do it). The issue is that the same promoters often do the package deals with the DJs so Giant will sometimes have the same headlining DJ in Pheonix --> OC --> SD --> LA four nights in a row, so promoters need to be able to express clearly where the event is so there's no confusion. Same with Sac/SF. Spundae & Ruby Skye have done events back-to-back or nearly back-to-back between SF and Sac.

OK...now while I think it's a cool idea and if it went forward that's what I'd recommend above....but to the whole situation, I have one big BUT....

My main, BIG worry is that A TON of threads on the west coast boards are for events, and that's where the core (as well as most) of the discussion seems to be. I worry that this will kill the flow/feel of the west coast board. Just fear that you'll get only a few new threads a day in the main west coast board, and the sub-forum will be where a lot of the discussion goes. That also requires more digging for new users to possibly find good discussion. I looked at the New York boards and Toronto boards. It seems like they don't get a lot of daily discussio on their own, and you don't even see a lot of participation in the event sub-forum.

Sadface
I like it the way it is right now but thats cause SFTAs have the SF event listings thread which is fabulous (thanks Rich). For the socal peeps I could see this being extremely useful. I'm just worried that if we made the change then the general west-coast forum would become pretty barren because 80% of posts are in event threads right now.
djjoshuaallen
perfect idea. i think all we need is...

sf
la
oc
sd
lv
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement