return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Happy Synthsgiving
View this Thread in Original format
Terrence Parker

http://www.native-instruments.com/e...s/synthsgiving/
cryophonik
Wow - and they finally have download versions!
Eric J
Sweet! Thanks for this. Now the question is FM8 or Reaktor?
cryophonik
The funny part is that I just got Komplete 5/6 a few weeks ago, so I just sold my individual boxed versions of some of these synths that I already had for almost the same price as this sale.

quote:
Originally posted by Eric J
Sweet! Thanks for this. Now the question is FM8 or Reaktor?

Personally, I'd suggest FM8 if you want something for pure music-making. I've only had Reaktor for a few weeks, but it's so deep that I can already see that it's too easy to get caught up fiddling with sounds and ensembles for hours on end and not making any music. Or, maybe I'm just too undisciplined. :tongue2
Eric J
quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Personally, I'd suggest FM8 if you want something for pure music-making. I've only had Reaktor for a few weeks, but it's so deep that I can already see that it's too easy to get caught up fiddling with sounds and ensembles for hours on end and not making any music. Or, maybe I'm just too undisciplined. :tongue2

Well what intrigued me about Reaktor was its effects possibilities. I already have a fairly big library of available sounds, but FM8 seems to be very popular. I really need both, but I can only get one.
palm
bought reaktor for 99EUR. hope its a little cooler than ableton intro is :) nah abletons cool too. damn the software list i have now is getting big:

ableton live 8 intro
propellerhead reason 4
propellerhead record
logic express 8
native instruments reactor

should be able to make something soon. still almost no vsts.
palm
so wtf? how does this stuff work? i cant find any sequencer not can i get any sound out of it lol. i hope this isnt a VST that i need to put inside logic or ableton? thought it was a stand alone.
MrJiveBoJingles
You have to open up one of the pre-made modules (or create one of your own) for it to make sound.
Agenz
Thanks for the heads up mate ;)

I have FM8, Massive, Battery 3 so purchased Reaktor. A bit silly not to at that price.
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by palm
so wtf? how does this stuff work? i cant find any sequencer not can i get any sound out of it lol. i hope this isnt a VST that i need to put inside logic or ableton? thought it was a stand alone.

It's not a sequencer - it's more like an environment for creating and combining effects and synthesizers. It works in both standalone mode or as a VST, RTAS, or AU in your DAW.

palm
but where is the piano-roll or sequencer or patterns or whatever lol. man anyone wants a cheap serial? hahahaha, not the first time im unhappy with NI (see traktor).
Specimen303
Did you get the manual with it? If you did I advice you to read it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement