return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 
DANGER! DANGER! Winter Storm Warning for Toronto - Tuesday December 8 2009
View this Thread in Original format
rabbitjoker
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warn...ort_e.html?on61

Warnings
City of Toronto
9:30 PM EST Tuesday 08 December 2009
Winter storm warning for
City of Toronto

..Snow heavy at times accompanied by strong easterly wind tonight and Wednesday..

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intensifying low pressure system currently centred over Missouri is moving towards the upper Great Lakes.

Snow associated with this system will enter Southwestern Ontario this evening arrive in Toronto after midnight and reach the national Capital region early Wednesday morning.

Strong easterly winds near 60 km/h will accompany the snow tonight and Wednesday significantly lowering visibilities in blowing snow. Periods of heavy snow are also likely. Snow amounts will range from 10 to 15 centimetres with 20 centimetres or more towards the Ottawa Valley. Lesser amounts are likely along the shore of Western Lake Ontario as snow could be wet.

Snow will end or change to rain from west to east throughout the day Wednesday.

Environment Canada will continue to monitor this developing situation closely. Further warnings may be issued as warranted.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warn...ort_e.html?on61
smuncky
and he's back!
E2EK1EL
quote:
Originally posted by smuncky
and he's back!

Dont like RJ when he;s back like this ...
Miss. S
in barrie the winds are like 45 km/hr

everything that was sitting on my porch has gone airborne and is somewhere in the backyard now. im sure if the pool had water in it, there would be tidal waves

:nervous:
chinamon
the snow is starting to pile up here in markham.
kotsy
it looks down right nutty on the cp24 traffic cams
I'm not driving anywhere tomorrow thankfully
Endlesswave
quote:
Originally posted by chinamon
the snow is starting to pile up here in markham.

Yeah man...it's wet snow too, you can pack it but it's not proper packing snow. Ugh.
exstasie
I think i got a bout 1cm of snow on the ground down in lower Mississauga.

Stupid wind and crap kept me up last night!

Thank goodness I found my trusty clubbing earplugs!

VDub
One word...

Touareg...
patpicos
the conditions are messed up in Niagara, pouring rain/ice rain/snow pellets sorta hail-ish, windy

I want summer back!

Sentinal
quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
it looks down right nutty on the cp24 traffic cams
I'm not driving anywhere tomorrow thankfully

I am. I'm sure the roads will be fine by noon. There was a coating of salt on the roads before hand and buses have retarders to help keep them from skidding.
barbina
we've got nothing in buffalo
i hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting something outrageous
im anti winter this year
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement