return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Audio Damage Tattoo (Drum Machine)
View this Thread in Original format
evo8
link

Certainly looks the part anyway, i like the look of the step sequencer
Wonder will there be a demo but im thinking AD dont do demos???
cryophonik
Looks like Microtonic's got some competition. AD usually has very good prices - any word on the price for this one?
evo8
Had a look on KVR - somebody mentioned a price between 79 and 99 dollars possibly

It appears to be more of a drum "synth" than a drum machine actually - could be interesting as i tried microtonic but didnt really like it...
RichieV
umm as anyone actually listened to the demo ? it sounds horrendous. Pretty sure it is less of a synth and more of a. sequencer.
beniii
From looking at the pics, doesnt look like it has the goods to compete with utonic for what i use it for...

Doesnt look like i could make a hardstyle kick on this :(
jupiterone
love audio damage plugins
Stef
This actually looks great, nice and simple with everything perfectly laid out and easy to access.
hexadecimal
quote:
Originally posted by RichieV
umm as anyone actually listened to the demo ? it sounds horrendous. Pretty sure it is less of a synth and more of a. sequencer.

The demo does sound like ... like it was all recorded through a mic with a thick blanket wrapped around it. I noticed a lot of their other demos sound like that as well. Might be someone over there "mastering" these demos.
RoBDaWG
*FACEPALM*

I was expecting a drum machine tattoo hahah
RichieV
quote:
Originally posted by hexadecimal
The demo does sound like ... like it was all recorded through a mic with a thick blanket wrapped around it. I noticed a lot of their other demos sound like that as well. Might be someone over there "mastering" these demos.

i think it is just the actual sounds. It tries to sound real which it does extremely poorly. Microtonic sounds synthetic but that is its intended purpose. I just don't see the point of this plugin. Most DAWs have a better native drum step sequencer and the synthesis engine just seems like very limited.

hasbone
I like the sound of it, although it might not be perfect for contemporary trance (ie, it doesn't sound like vengeance)

There's a bunch more demos here:
http://soundcloud.com/chris-randall/tracks

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
It appears to be more of a drum "synth" than a drum machine actually - could be interesting as i tried microtonic but didnt really like it...

It sends MIDI too, so you could potentially use it as a sequencer.
Alekos
quote:
Originally posted by RoBDaWG
*FACEPALM*

I was expecting a drum machine tattoo hahah

same lol
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement