return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Need help beefing up this low-fi audio
View this Thread in Original format
DjStephenWiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f94j9WIWPQQ

Ive been able to control all that noise with a gate and make the vocals sharp, but they are severely lacking presence and low end which I think is somewhat important since it is a male voice. Any suggestions on how to beef this up would be great. I have tried limiters, layering, and chorus but they didn't seem to do much to help the vocals slice through the mix.

Thanks guys
cryophonik
Do you have any "restoration" plugins in your arsenal? There are quite a few bundles out there that specialize in removing snap/crackle/pop, hum, noise, etc. If not, search the KVR plugins database and you may be able to find some freebies. You could probably do the rest with a combination of EQ and multiband compression to bring out the lows/highs and control the mids. A little exciter may add some hi-fi sheen.
DJ Robby Rox
If you want more bass have the peaks trigger a low octave sine wave, so as the voice gets louder it also gets bassier and vice versa. I'd also cut out some mids and boost the higher end a tad, possibly add an excite like cryo said, just be careful because you'll also be boosting noise too.
But I think ideally you can start there.
You can also play around with waves stereo plugin, not neccessarily for a stereo effect but it has some settings that really add presence to a sound. Highly recommend.
RichieV
lol jesus robby

you don't want to add more bass as that is where most of the noise will reside. You want to isolate the part of the signal that has the most important freq as far as voice is concerned and this is near the 4 kHz region. And a sine wave ? lol this isn't a bass line.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement