return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2010

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 
Official DEMF 2010 10th Anniversary Thread (pg. 57)
View this Thread in Original format
Cribby
quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
No Bluecollar Showcase for you? Remind about why you like this party. I'm trying to remember it from previous DEMFs and from your reviews.

TBH I wasn't quite feeling the Bluecollar lineup.. this one appeals to me more. Caught Rohr at this party 3 years ago in the basement.. was such an awesome experience. 2 Years ago Adultnapper and Kate Simko rocked it out too.

My 2007 review from that party and old miami

quote:
[Tronic Treatment Party]

We thought we'd never make it, but with a little assistance from partiers we made it! Everything else after this point is pretty hazy for me... but I remember the venue looking very creepy inside and out. 3 levels with totally different vibes on each floor. I stayed away from the street level floor completely, just because I needed to be in a darker area. The top floor was totally rocking, with a great turnout, including so many sketchy folk. Honestly I was a bit scared. Saw some couple almost having full on sex on one of the chairs, and another couple humping in a bathroom stall. I felt like I was in a 1970's Detroit version of the Comfort Zone, except without any younger people. The basement was something out of this world. It had this strange overwhelming aura that was evil...almost cult like, haha. The low ceilings and dark lighting (more like lack of) didn't help either...but it was great! From what I can remember, Tony Rohr was playing one of the most disturbing, twisted techno sets I've ever heard. I recall having a distorted vision of the music consuming the crowd into a chaotic stomach. Yea..I should have probably laid off the booze..

I recall bits and pieces of Rohr and Deetron, and even recalled a few IDs. Not sure who played what though..some are pretty obvious though:

Paco Osuna - Sechamps
Tony Rohr - Marriot Acid
Johhny Arthur - Evil Edna (Deetron Remix)
Mihalis Safras - Sabbath (Mark Broom Jack Mix)

I'm actually impressed at what I remembered considering how my mind went missing.

We left around 5ish and went back to a lovely hotel for another after party. We watched the tasty sun rise into view, and we were itching for some more action. We decided to try and find this Monday morning party which I had doubts even existed. Strangely enough, we traveled by cab into the middle of nowhere, and found ourselves at some bar. Uh... is this it? Paid the entrance fee and walked around this shady bar full of business early in the morning. I think it was just after 7? We exited through the side door which led us towards a massive backyard patio. Lots of lounging furniture as well as a mural of the "Sun God" which totally tripped me out..It was hard to believe how many people were at this party. I guess it wasn't that big of a secret...still, I felt pretty honoured being there :) Everyone looked and moved like dead zombies, including ourselves. Tried dancing on the grass, but it was too slippery, and so we lounged in the sun for a big. Caught a bit of Butane who was playing decently, but we figured we had enough of after parties for one night. On our way out Sarah tells me that spotted Magda. To my surprise this woman looked fairly similar to her.. And then Sarah confirms that she wasn't joking.. OMG!! So totally awe-struck as I was I ran up to Magda and introduced myself with a tender yet firm handshake. I couldn't formulate a proper sentence as I couldn't believe I was meeting my techno queen. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! She smiled at me, and I felt like a fool, so I sadly walked away and told her how much she rocks.

And then we slept...for a few hours...

2008 review..

quote:
[The Other 9 - 5]

When my cab ride came to a halt, I realized that this was the same venue that held my favourite after party from last year, the Tronic Treatment party. Although there was rap blasting from the main floor, I knew this was going to be a killer party. The party consisted of 2 floors, rather than 3 from last year, but the 2nd floor and attic were used rather than the main floor and basement. The 2nd floor was a sports bar turned into an old school Detroit techno club. Grungy, dirty, and not pretty; just the way I like it! The turnout for this party was excellent! Some dude recognized me from mnml.nl and apparently he was friends with all the deejays who were playing. Also ran into some annoying fellow named Troy, who we ditched at Old Miami last year. lol. Managed to catch a bit of Camea, [a]pendics shuffle, Dirtybird, Apnea, and Miss Fitz on this floor. Lots of variety and each had something different to offer behind the decks. Camea's set stood out to me the most, and I managed to hear her drop Elon - Noose Quarky, foot flopping, pick me upper track. The attic upstairs looked like a meeting spot for gangs or shady dealings. Great artistic graffiti on the walls. It was really dark in here. Someone decided to twist the light bulb to make the place even darker! I liked it up here the most. The vibe was consistantly crazy, especially up at the front where a bunch of older people were showing the youth how it's done proper. Kate Simko was playing for quite a bit. Wasn't feeling her more underground set as much as I wanted to, because it wasn't what I was expecting from her. It had it's moments towards the end though, and I was sweating buckets by then. At 4 am they cleared out the smoking area at the back and used it as a vending room where they were selling balloons filled with nitrous oxide. He he he he he ha ha! I was tempted into buying one, and so I did. Let's just say it was quite the experience in that dark room! Adultnapper closed the room. His set exceeded my expectations and was awarded the best after party set this year for me. Great energy, impressive track selection overall. Would of been a sight if he played at the festival, but for those who didn't make it out for this party... you missed out! I thought I was tiring out, with the severe ventilation issues and all, but then he decided to drop one of my current favourite tracks! Audion - Billy Says Go Whoa! Awesome track with a sort of aztec influential sound. Typical Audion material. System 7 - Space Bird (Dubfire Remix) was also played. Called it a night just before 5 am to get some sleep for Day 2!

;)
Knox
quote:
Originally posted by Cribby

My 2007 review from that party and old miami

2008 review..

;)

such good reviews....

can't wait to experience DEMF this year....
The Highroller
quote:
Ms. Fitz

You caught Ms Fitz?! Lucky you! Do you remember how she was?

Thanks for searching out those old reviews. They were a good read.
She_Fitz
quote:

Definitely would have been my DJ name if I ever decided to make a go of it. Good thing I didn't. lol
patpicos
quote:
Finally!!!!

Clink Label Showcase - The Other Nine to Five
Saturday May 29th at 10:00PM

Talent: Camea, Tim Xavier, Alexi Delano, Mark Henning LIVE, Tony Rohr, Insideout, Elon, Nikita, Jason Patrick,
Venue: 10 Critics
Address: 1400 Porter Street, Detroit
Time: 10:00PM - Late
Presented by: VOLATL
Admission: 20 USD Pre-Sale
Details: TBA

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! MY fav demf afterparty by far. Now... to choose this or Beyer/Ida :/

Rohr :D we should bring Vince!

Rest of lineup doesnt do much for me (mind u I dont know many listed). Delano could be good...but we was average when he was in TO....not his fault tho.

Ida vs. Beyer are @FW on the friday...... that'll be bonkers...might start demf early!
Cribby
quote:
Originally posted by She_Fitz
Definitely would have been my DJ name if I ever decided to make a go of it. Good thing I didn't. lol

My thoughts exactly the first time I heard of her. Relative? haha.

quote:

I found them on my facebook notes. She was actually pretty decent! :)
The Highroller
RICARDO VILLALOBOS CONFIRMED FOR DEMF
sweetcaroline
quote:

Just read it on RA. Feeling a little dizzy.
jchung52
quote:

:nervous: :eyespop: :crazy: :tongue3
london_ta
quote:

HOLY MOLY!!!

Skipper
I'm still kind of in awe at the idea of Plastikman as the closing act on the main stage. This will be downright historic.
The Highroller
DEMF this year is ridiculous, wow. From the festival to the afterparties, everyone is pulling out all the stops for the anniversary.

So glad I decided to go this year.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 
Privacy Statement