return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Need Feedback and advice
View this Thread in Original format
zodionic
Need help improving this, anyone have any ideas? thanks

Akah - Cosmic Dreamer by zodionic

Thanks for the advice, started to implement some changes

Akah - Cosmic Dreamer EDIT by zodionic
darthseph
The intro is well structured.

The first break... well... I'm not sure on the main pad. It feels kinda loud for the break. The stabby lead is alright, if a bit common. The drop back in never really gave me any tension, so you may want to add a subtle sweep or something to rise the tension there.

The piano is pretty and doesn't feel cliche or overused. Very well done.

The second break with the little high-frequency sounds is executed well. The problem here is again a lack of any tension. The new element is nice, but I'm not drawn towards the next drop. While the drop is great when it comes, I find myself wandering during the breakdown. Maybe its too long or maybe it needs another instrument. Not sure.

The build down is fine. The of end of the track feels a bit DJ unfriendly though.

Great work so far. A few minor things and I think the track could get signed.
zodionic
Thanks for the feedback, its helped a lot :)
tehlord
Potentially a very sweet track.

It's already very good and I like the choice of sounds and chords you've used.

One thing i'll say is it sounds like you're triggering the sidechain ducking off the main kick in the track, and that kick has quite a long tail. Either that or the attack and release of the compressor could use a tweak. The pump is a little bit too short and sharp for my ears at least.

I'd have another look at your panning and EQ too, make a bit more space for each element.

Finally a little bit of overall compression would help glue evrything together.

Very nice track though :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement