return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

SmakMagik - Simplify/Amplify
View this Thread in Original format
smakmagik
Samples of two tracks I'm working on:

Simplify is a simple, progressive sort of tune that is very different from what I work on usually, would love some feedback :
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Amplify has got much more going on with a few more layers but hopefully something danceable:
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]
smakmagik
No one?

www.soundcloud.com/smakmagik will work as well
demt776
nice bass on the soundcloud mix
Nemesis44
Some nice ideas, but I would like to see the first one finished more than the second me things.
First track has a wicked bass line. But just don't use that trance break, just doesn't work in my opinion.

Cheers
Nem
mtptl77
Simplify could be pretty nice if you would work harder on the synths and percs. The synth in the beginning is pretty lame imo, sounds like a FL Studio 3xOsc with the Fat Mode thing on. The hats could maybe need a little bit more of treble frequencies and a little bit less of mid frequencies, but that's just my personal taste. The bass is pretty nice, maybe a little muddy though. And i recommend to use basslane (it's free) on the bass to put frequencies under something like 250Hz to mono. But overall pretty nice.

Amplify is overall very thin. The kick is thin, needs a bit more bottom end. The bass is also thin and needs some reverb with pretty high low cut. The lead needs more treble frequencies and some delay and reverb.
=====================
Chairs
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement