return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 
looking to sell my iphone4 .. help?
View this Thread in Original format
KarenLuvs2Party
i know TA is filled with techies so i was wondering..can anyone tell me what i need to do before i sell my jailbroken iphone4 32GB? like wiping info and stuff??

i got the phone as a gift.. and the person jailbroke it for me and even loaded 20GBs of EDM on it.. all i use it for is music and maybe playing a couple games..its never been activated under phone service

also..if i wipe my info will it wipe the jailbreak? i just dont want any personal info on the phone (which i doubt there is) but i dont own any apple products so i just wanna make sure...

thanks in advance :)
Tosh
What OS what is broken to?
On iOS you can just press a button and it wipes everything, but not sure about the software you're on.
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by KarenLuvs2Party
i know TA is filled with techies so i was wondering..can anyone tell me what i need to do before i sell my jailbroken iphone4 32GB? like wiping info and stuff??

i got the phone as a gift.. and the person jailbroke it for me and even loaded 20GBs of EDM on it.. all i use it for is music and maybe playing a couple games..its never been activated under phone service

also..if i wipe my info will it wipe the jailbreak? i just dont want any personal info on the phone (which i doubt there is) but i dont own any apple products so i just wanna make sure...

thanks in advance :)

if you use the built in to the phone wipe function on a jailbroken phone not only will it kill the jailbreak but it will also brick the phone making you restore to 4.2.1 which cannot currently be jailbroken untethered

You need to download tiny umbrella and backup your SHSH blobs then use it as a TSS server to restore to 4.1 in itunes by holding shift when clicking restore and choosing the 4.1 IPSW available at the link below

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/0...17_Restore.ipsw

Then download limera1n @ http://limera1n.com/ to jailbreak it again

edit: if your OS is currently at 4.0.1 let me know and I will write it up for that. A phone kept at 4.0.1 will increase the resale value of it quite a bit as it can be unlocked

I know this is a bit technical but what I said above will help you in combination with google
Nerologic
As mentioned, all you need to do is restore the phone, that's it and thats all.

A restore will remove everything. Just back up your stuff before hand of course.
euphoria
You will get more money for a phone that's already jailbroken.

As you said you never activated phone service so there can't be much personal on it. Go through it and delete manually then sell it.
tygamilk
The only things that could carry personal info without being under a phone service is your email address which you can take out under settings.
KarenLuvs2Party
thanks guys! :)
Liquified
How much are you selling it for?
KarenLuvs2Party
$650 cash preferably
chiprognut
I thought $650 was a lil steep, but just looked on Ebay, and jailbroken phones were going higher than that! I'd leave it jailbroken if I were you and try to get all the money you can out of it. Good luck!

KarenLuvs2Party
yeah .. everyone tells me i can sell it for way more but i just want to sell it.. i figure lower the price..easier to get rid of...
euphoria
Do a 3 day buy it now auction for the exact price you want. If its lower than the others and still jailbroken it will sell FAST. Make sure you up the price a lil to include ur ebay fees cuz they are gonna take a % of the final value fee, and ur auction fee, and shipping. So if you want 650 just make the auction like 675 and free shipping. Make sure you insure it too. People do scam on ebay and pretend they never received an item just to get their $ back.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement