return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Any idea how to program this pluck?
View this Thread in Original format
bbounce
I'm looking for some help in figuring out how to program the pluck that's in this remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXP1X5wsTO0

The sound starts at about 0:59; and you can also hear it clearly at 2:45). It sounds like a combo of a saw and square waves whose cutoff freq is being modulated, but I tried doing that and the sound doesn't come out the same. I also tried transposing but that didn't help either. Maybe it's layered with something else?

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
sicc
Idk I dont here a saw wave in there. Sounds like a Fifth chord type sound and defiantly square with sounds like its in the transparent range of 6Khz to 10Khz. Maybe my ears just suck. I hate that song xD
bbounce
Thanks.

I'll try programing just using the square waves and will pitch one up to a fifth. Hopefully, that'll do the trick.

Now I'm also wondering if there is slight pitch modulation there as well?

p.s. I figured I'd get some smack for posting a pop tune to a TA forum =) But I really like that one sound and would love to know how to make it.
a98
Sounds like automating the attack of the envelope is the key, and using a light cutoff mode (like 12db or even 6). Don't like that sound though, much more of a fan of the more clear crispy plucks. Hate that track too, way too over played at my house :D
DjWoody
This songs reminds me of an accordion. It might even be that.
a98
quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
This songs reminds me of an accordion. It might even be that.

It is, but I think the OP meant the pluck behind that sound.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement