return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 
What methods work best to getting your track(s) signed to labels?
View this Thread in Original format
Kam
this question is directed mainly at those on the forum who have gotten their tracks signed to labels... but what methods have worked for you to get your track(s) signed? ((assuming you've made something decent))
Storyteller
The labels come to me :)
Seandroid
Send the tracks to them? That's how I got 2 of mine signed by Lazy Rich :)
Kam
quote:
Originally posted by Seandroid
Send the tracks to them? That's how I got 2 of mine signed by Lazy Rich :)

yea i mean the obvious choices are sending through email, uploading tracks to labels/djs on soundcloud , or even giving your tracks to dj's at clubs/gigs.

just wondering what some labels or artists prefer as far as receiving material.
Storyteller
I've never done it any other way than by email. Make sure the receiving end (thinks that he) gets an exclusive copy of the demo. Only share private soundcloud tracks as demos or get some webspace which you can link to directly (all those download sites with download links you have to wait for suck). Make it as simple and exclusive as possible for the label to listen to your music. Adress them in the email personally and if you happen to know (talk to/with) any artists on their label do a bit of careful name dropping. Always worked for me. Back in the days when I was sending out demos often I had a near 100% response rate. Not always positive but that's still better than being left hanging in the air.

Oh and keep it simple. Not too much text.
Excess
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
I've never done it any other way than by email. Make sure the receiving end (thinks that he) gets an exclusive copy of the demo. Only share private soundcloud tracks as demos or get some webspace which you can link to directly (all those download sites with download links you have to wait for suck). Make it as simple and exclusive as possible for the label to listen to your music. Adress them in the email personally and if you happen to know (talk to/with) any artists on their label do a bit of careful name dropping. Always worked for me. Back in the days when I was sending out demos often I had a near 100% response rate. Not always positive but that's still better than being left hanging in the air.

Oh and keep it simple. Not too much text.

this. brief description of the track, easy streaming, and directions on how to contact you in case their interested.
Richard Butler
Yeah, I've found most stuff I've bothered to send out gets signed, but I am not one of these to send out much as only a few tracks of mine were for me any good.

Put yourself in the position of an ocean of labels. I'd say they want quality original work that makes people want to dance.

I think originality is more important than ever.

As for what format to use, most labels will specify this for you under thier demo submission rules. Avoid lots of text and stupid long titles and avoid words like 'sunrise mix'.
KilldaDJ
make good music and throw it at them
J.L.
Euphoricana Sensation Nation - Nirvana Ocean Breeze Sunrise (Epic Sunset Beach Melodic Trance Mix)
clay
the best method would probably be to not suck at making music.
this is easier said than done though. only a few can (myself included) :p

Beatflux
quote:
Originally posted by J.L.
Euphoricana Sensation Nation - Nirvana Ocean Breeze Sunrise (Epic Sunset Beach Melodic Trance Mix)

lol :D
Beatflux
quote:
Originally posted by clay
the best method would probably be to not suck at making music.
this is easier said than done though. only a few can (myself included) :p

Ya, you would think so.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement