return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

kill/capture
View this Thread in Original format
VAR
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...pture/?autoplay
dj_alfi
lol 53 minutes. that's like more than an hour dude!
Zharen
I watched it. I've been a huge fan of Frontline documentaries in the past couple of years. Bush's War was one of my favorites.

I can't say I'm particularly surprised what was discussed in the video. We sure are doing a lousy job in winning over the hearts and minds of the Afghan people. But we do a very good job in killing and detaining militants, even if civilians get in the way. Either way, I seriously don't believe what my government says in how much progress we've made in this war. Troops are still dying out there, and Karzai's brother just got killed last week. This war is going to drag on for years, maybe even another decade. But I guess military contractors and special interests still need to get paid.

USA...USA...
pkcRAISTLIN
So do you have an opinion of your own VAR?
justin
man those freaks would be runnin for their underground holes if the media wer'nt involved.
WittyHandle
I was watching this last night while doing some other things. Really been meaning to be more steady in catching Frontline. Such a great show. I agree, Bush's War was excellent.
VAR
i am also a big fan of Frontline http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/view/

i still have friends that are in the military and word around the campfire is the noticeable difference in style and technique of GEN Petraeus (who has never been in direct command of a USASOC unit) and GEN McChrystal (who very much has).
i think that this report illustrates this well, along with the dangers of over using SF and having conventional infantry do missions that would normally be USASOC only.
nchs09
saw this a while ago i think. all of their war stuff is good. I remember the one where they where trying to blow up the IED and the would not blow up. They all blamed each other and then it blew up afterwards.
EddieZilker
Saw this a while ago. I love Frontline, too. Their work on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is some of the most extensive, least biased work I know of.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement