return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Learn To Produce Trance & EDM In Logic or Ableton Online
View this Thread in Original format
Point Blank
Hey,

Thought I would drop by and let everyone know Point Blank have a new term starting online this Monday 1st August.

We offer the chance to master Ableton or Logic and learn it through making the styles of music you enjoy. Our Trance and EDM courses are taught by Grammy nominated Mike Koglin, and massively respected producer Danny J Lewis.

Before checking out the full courses you can brush up on a few of your production skills with our FREE Sample Courses, which give you a taster of how we do do things here at Point Blank: www.pointblankonline.net/sample-a-course

Head over to our Online School to find out what else we have to offer + plenty more free content.

www.pointblankonline.net/courses

Get in touch and leave us some feedback.

Cheers,
James - Point Blank
Lunar Phase 7
I gotta say theses actually look really good.

I watched that Tutor Video Mixdown thing where they look at your tune, it was actually really impressive.

Shame I don't use any of the gear you do, but none the less good work!
Point Blank
Thanks Lunar Phase 7, glad you liked it. What gear are you using at the minute instead?

CalvP - You can still take the course and do the lessons. The actual content of the course stays available to you to watch, and re-watch for up to a year once the course finishes.

The only problem would be the interactive parts of the course - i.e. Speaking with your classmates over the chat tool, and submitting your tracks for the 1-2-1 feedback from your tutor.

Was there a particular course that caught your eye?

Cheers,
James - Point Blank
Point Blank
The feedback is one of the things we're most proud of. No other schools give the same amount of detail or individual pointers on where to go with your music. We've got a video as an example up on youtube from a Deep & Soulful House students work being reviewed by Danny J Lewis which you can check out to get more of an idea:
Deep & Soulful House Student 1-2-1 Feedback Video

You definately need to give procratination a solid kick in the nuts for sure. One of the main things we try and enforce is making sure students learn how to get more productive and finish tracks.

I've gone through a few of the online courses, and I'm getting a lot more stuff done from start to finish. It gets pretty annoying having mountains of 32bar ideas clogging up your computer's memory.

If you're starting to seriously look into taking a course, I would reccomend you get in touch with one of our course advisors, either on the phone or email them. They're an absolute wealth of knowledge about all you could possibly need to know.

This is probably the best place to go: Point Blank Online Contact Info

Phew! Long reply.

Cheers,
James
Point Blank
Hi again everyone,

Was just wandering if anyone in this thread decided to do a course with us and if they did what they thought of it?

To let you know our Trance course in Logic and EDM course in Ableton (which focuses on trance and progressive styles) commence again next Monday. There are a few places remaining on the courses and if you book before the end of October you get entered into a draw for another course, free.

You can try out the free sample courses here to get an idea of how they are structured plus some exlusive free tutorials:
http://www.pointblankonline.net/sample-a-course/

Let me know if you have any questions,
Cheers
James-PB
Excess
any chance you guys offer the trance course during the summers? lol
Point Blank
quote:
Originally posted by Excess
any chance you guys offer the trance course during the summers? lol

Its a 4 week course that runs every 4 weeks so yes!
Excess
alright cool... now i just need money. giving out any scholarships? lol :D
Point Blank
quote:
Originally posted by Excess
alright cool... now i just need money. giving out any scholarships? lol :D

We do for the college in London... head here to find out more:
http://www.pointblanklondon.com/scholarships/

Or speak to a course advisor for more info. They will be happy to help. +44 (0) 20 7729 4884

nice one!
Zeus Alvarado
Hey point blank,

Ive seen several of your videos on youtube, and really love the stuff you teach! Thanks for providing quality tutorials, I will definitely consider joining the class in the near future :D

-Zeus

Point Blank
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus Alvarado
Hey point blank,

Ive seen several of your videos on youtube, and really love the stuff you teach! Thanks for providing quality tutorials, I will definitely consider joining the class in the near future :D

-Zeus

Thanks Zeus... glad you enjoy our free tutorials and hope to see you on a course soon.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement