return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Anyone know a VST that can produce a decent "System F" style lead?
View this Thread in Original format
DJInfinity
I've heard this sound in a lot of uplifting / anthem trance songs, but I usually just call it the "System F / Ferry Corsten lead..."
I know he commonly uses a Roland JP8000, and have tested out a lot of different software but cannot seem to find anything that can quite reproduce the sound heard @ 3:22
System F - Elevate
Any help on finding something like this would be VERY much appreciated!
Cheers! ;)
- Infinity

EDIT: I apologize, I messed up the url, fixed it now though.
aquila
The JP8000 can do it if you layer the supersaw over 3 octaves with a hint of resonance added to an open filter, then drown it with a long, bright reverb.

All you need to make the same effect is a VST that has some sort of multi-saw oscillator.
DJInfinity
quote:
Originally posted by aquila
The JP8000 can do it if you layer the supersaw over 3 octaves with a hint of resonance added to an open filter, then drown it with a long, bright reverb.

All you need to make the same effect is a VST that has some sort of multi-saw oscillator.

Thanks for the tip! I'm actually really inexperienced at programming synths, so I wasn't quite sure what to do. I toyed around a bit with Sytrus and was able to pretty much recreate the lead from Out of the Blue! :)
aquila
quote:
Originally posted by DJInfinity
I toyed around a bit

The best way to get to know it all :D
Specimen303
You're using fl studio?

search "3xOSC supersaw" on youtube
Normie
Z3ta/Z3ta2 with the "Trance Euphoria" preset banks (3 of them) has a ton of that sound. There are a couple SysF specific.

Have them, love them, recommend them and they are easy to modify for whatever fit you need. Great starting points or as is. Z1 or 2 with them is Trance/House/Rave in a Box, but it's 'well used' trance in a box...bear that in mind as well.
djshire
JP6K
DJInfinity
quote:
Originally posted by Normie
Z3ta/Z3ta2 with the "Trance Euphoria" preset banks (3 of them) has a ton of that sound. There are a couple SysF specific.

Have them, love them, recommend them and they are easy to modify for whatever fit you need. Great starting points or as is. Z1 or 2 with them is Trance/House/Rave in a Box, but it's 'well used' trance in a box...bear that in mind as well.

Very nice! I think the sound I made in Sytrus is about as close as I can get to what I wanted, but the Trance Euphoria soundbanks have some great sounds that I'll be sure to use! ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement