return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Netflix - Qwikster
View this Thread in Original format
prolikewhoa

Thoughts? who came up with the name Qwikster? What value add did they think would be created by having to manage queues on two separate websites? Fail, imo.
Silky Johnson
If you read the letter you'd see that they aren't trying to add value, they're trying to manage their services in a way that makes more sense on their end re: different cost structures, different marketing etc. They want the streaming service and DVD service each to run independently.
prolikewhoa
i read the letter. i understand the point, i just think it's a bad idea.
prolikewhoa
do you think i'm stupid or are you just trying to be a bitch?
Meat187
Pro, do you know what a tunneling electron microscope is? It's a really awesome device that, by using quantum mechanical effects, enables you to see things in gigantic magnification, going as far as showing you the very atoms that everything is made of.
If I were using that device right now I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your story.
Redd
now that made me laugh Meat187, ing hell :stongue:
prolikewhoa
sick burn dude!

you s should be happy i'm posting. clearly you like having someone to on. i'm just trying to pass some time throughout the day. lighten. the . up.
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
do you think i'm stupid or are you just trying to be a bitch?

Your question is pretty much irrelevant given the context of the letter.
nefardec
It's like the titanic. They want the company compartmentalized so when people finally decide DVDs (and removable media) are worthless and live full time in the cloud, they can cut it off. And in the mean time they can make money renting games to people as long as that market still exists.

I have personally not had dvds shipped from my netflix for like 6 months. I use streaming exclusively it seems.

And actually netflix selection is pretty terrible - I always find what Im looking for on amazon instant video.
Redd
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
you s should be happy i'm posting.

not that I meant any disrespect with my post, I just found it hilarious, but why should we be happy you're posting?

Also this made me chuckle, looks like the stoner got his break:

prolikewhoa
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Your question is pretty much irrelevant given the context of the letter.

it was hypothetical
prolikewhoa
quote:
Originally posted by nefardec
It's like the titanic. They want the company compartmentalized so when people finally decide DVDs (and removable media) are worthless and live full time in the cloud, they can cut it off. And in the mean time they can make money renting games to people as long as that market still exists.

I have personally not had dvds shipped from my netflix for like 6 months. I use streaming exclusively it seems.

And actually netflix selection is pretty terrible - I always find what Im looking for on amazon instant video.

from a business perspective, that makes sense. the thing i don't like about it is having to manage the queues on two websites. i missed the boat on a lot of the early seasons of good tv shows that are now dvd only (breaking bad, for example) so i still use the dvd feature.

streaming selection is kind of slim pickings, although they added some 90s cartoons which are pretty fun... i think they have ahh real monsters and rocko's modern life now.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement