return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Rick Scott is the devil
View this Thread in Original format
OrangestO
http://chalkboard.blogs.gainesville...g-universities/

Gov. Rick Scott has sent a detailed list of questions to state university officials, asking for information on issues related to whether graduates are prepared for the job market.

Scott sent the letter last week to presidents and trustees of the state’s 11 public universities including UF President Bernie Machen. Scott lists 17 sets of questions, including asking what studies universities have done to ensure graduates are meeting the needs of employers, and requests answers by Nov. 15 to be help develop his plan for higher education.

“Many university graduates are unable to find jobs in their field of study and many employers are concerned that university graduates are not equipped with the appropriate writing skills, critical thinking skills, and technical expertise needed to succeed,” Scott wrote.

The full letter can be found here.

The letter comes as Scott has put made a priority of higher education reform. Last week, he questioned whether the state needs more anthropology majors in a call for a greater focus on science and technology degrees. He later posted the salaries of state university employees on his public records website.

Scott’s letter includes questions on salaries, asking for the job description, total wages, number of course taught and measurable goals for the fifty highest paid university employees in the last three years. It also asks if universities have measurable goals in areas such as student success after graduation and the number of graduates who remain in Florida.

UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes said the university is reviewing the request and working with the Florida Board of Governors on a response. She said it is not unusual for the governor’s office or staff to request statistics or information on university issues.

“We’ve always worked hard to help them get them the information they’re looking for,” she said.

Ava Parker, chairwoman of the Board of Governors, sent a letter to Scott saying that the university system would work on a response but also directing him to the board’s annual report for information on some of the topics addressed in the letter.
Halcyon+On+On
This special report is brought to you by OrangestO. Thanks, OrangestO!
EddieZilker
This actually has a lot to do with something I'm working on, right now.
OrangestO
quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
This actually has a lot to do with something I'm working on, right now.

?
Joss Weatherby
Why is he the devil? I mean he is a republican right, thats enough really, but what specifically about this letter makes him that?
OrangestO
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
Why is he the devil? I mean he is a republican right, thats enough really, but what specifically about this letter makes him that?

He committed fraud to fund his own campaign, won, and is now cutting anything and everything that isn't resembling of big business. Education included, and my program is rumored to be next on the cutting board.

The article or letter isn't even close to disclosing what this guy has done, thus far.

EDIT: In a prior thread I read that you were thinking of moving to Florida - don't.
Meat187
No, he's not. Sushipunk is.

Or, with a precisely known probability, Mikhail Gorbachev.
MSZ
dj_alfi
lol voted for you btw ms z
Vector A
Yet another political asshat tries to turn education into job training. Yawn.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement