return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Insane
View this Thread in Original format
Vivid Boy
If you have 1 hour check out this documentary on liberia.....Insanity

general bnttnaked and the tupac army

once you watch it, let us discuss.
Lira
Thanks for sharing, definitely going to watch it.

Saw an interview with a Liberian head of some Women's Rights Movement, and the stuff she describe was just mental. The daughter of a friend of hers, for example, married a pastor, and had a few children... when this woman's friend saw the picture of her son-in-law (who then lived in another village or something) she recognised him as the killer of her son, who had perished in the local conflicts.

She didn't know whether (and how) she'd ever tell her daughter who her husband was...
jonSun
yea I checked this out last year. worth the watch & totally shocking. Africa is one ed up continent.
simplcake
i also used to fight naked as a rebel general but they called me General Hung
nchs09
That was pretty ed up. I worked with a lot of Liberian refugees -- Id argue Sudan refugees had it worst -- but this is not a ing contest -- ing horrible what some people have to go through.

This is why i dont mind religion - if some people find comfort and peace in something - i am all for them doing it as long as it does not affect others around them negatively.
LAdazeNYnights
Vice does some amazing docus
The current one they've got going on North Korean labor camps in Russia looks promising. Some of them just don't go anywhere, though. I had high hopes for their Krokodil Tears docu, for instance, but it was lame.
phyrrus
good watch. I like how the conclusion is very open-ended. did the general guy really find jesus or is he just trying to recant for slaughtering tens of thousands of people?
Jarvmeister
I sat through this thinking to myself, I think I'm having a bad day sometimes, but every day of my life is paradise compared to what most of the people in this film go through.

We all moan about the state of affairs - we really do not have anything to complain about........
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by Jarvmeister
I sat through this thinking to myself, I think I'm having a bad day sometimes, but every day of my life is paradise compared to what most of the people in this film go through.

We all moan about the state of affairs - we really do not have anything to complain about........
^^ First world problem pictures ftw.
Joss Weatherby
The whole notion of making fun of first world problems is ing retarded for the most part. Yes there are some stupid things like someone bitching about their organic milk not being available when there is tons of other milk right there next to the empty row... But that being said people should not dismiss certain inequalities and injustices just because over all their lives are better than some place like Liberia.

That is just pacifism that will lead to a point in time where you will probably be living in a place just as bad as Liberia.

Vivid Boy
joss lives in his aunts basement and fights naked with his teddy bears. he knows pain. Have you ever tasted the inside of teddy ruxpin??? I didn't think so. Turn to god nou...turn to god
david.michael
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
The whole notion of making fun of first world problems is ing retarded for the most part. Yes there are some stupid things like someone bitching about their organic milk not being available when there is tons of other milk right there next to the empty row... But that being said people should not dismiss certain inequalities and injustices just because over all their lives are better than some place like Liberia.

That is just pacifism that will lead to a point in time where you will probably be living in a place just as bad as Liberia.

Maybe, but the idea of calling it a "first world problem" is that you're saying it in jest... making fun of yourself, but still continuing along with business as usual. I don't think anyone starts typing #firstworldproblems in a Facebook update/tweet and then goes, damn, I need to change my life and be a pacifist. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement