return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Sylenth VSTi
View this Thread in Original format
DJRYAN™
I just got Sylenth. Does anyone have any (free) patches or soundbanks that have some nice trance or electro patches in it?
maximlee
there are plenty of vids on youtube... design ure own... presets are for amatuers. Imean this in a contructive way...what is the point in having one of the best synth around if your not going to learn how to use it. sound design may seem solid but most trance sounds are just detuned sawtooths with unison and modulation on pan and osc etc....

if u just doing it for fun and want presets...if you want anything half decent ure going to have to pay..... and if you have bought it then there many be some on there forum or something

best of luck....
DJRYAN™
awesome! Great suggestion! Just visited the KVR forum and found a bunch of freebies. I'll let you know how they sound!!

Link
Evolve140
quote:
Originally posted by maximlee
there are plenty of vids on youtube... design ure own... presets are for amatuers. Imean this in a contructive way...what is the point in having one of the best synth around if your not going to learn how to use it. sound design may seem solid but most trance sounds are just detuned sawtooths with unison and modulation on pan and osc etc....

if u just doing it for fun and want presets...if you want anything half decent ure going to have to pay..... and if you have bought it then there many be some on there forum or something

best of luck....

presets aren't for amateurs. presets are just more likely to be used by amateurs because they aren't designing their own sound. if a sound works in your track, regardless of if its a preset, it doesn't matter. of course you are an amateur if you go through your whole track using presets, the whole concept of production is coming up with something aesthetically original and cohesive. same with sampling. of course not every component of your track will be entirely samples, but the right sample in the right spot makes a track. maybe the right sound choice of a preset will do the trick when its needed. but as max said, you need to learn how to design sound with a synthesizer. it would be like being in a rock band and not having a grasp on the guitar. the point you need to get to is where you're making your own presets, but as i mentioned if you use a preset and it's a proper sound selection in your production, use it; you'd be a fool not to use a proper sound if it sounded good. I have almost never used a preset, but if it's the sound I need I'll do it right away. I take the time to craft sounds, it's fun. It's rewarding when you spend 3 hours working on one instrument and at last it cliques. The euphoria is amazing. If anyone is looking for shortcuts, instead of choosing your sounds excellently, you should find another hobby.
DJRYAN™
I can't believe how powerful this thing is.
Teezdalien
Even though it sounds decent it's pretty limited compared to other synths these days though imo.
DJRYAN™
I have Alchemy and Massive too =)
Julz
quote:
Originally posted by DJRYAN™
I can't believe how powerful this thing is.

Then go try Zeta+2 or Rapture.
Teezdalien
Even alchemy is much more flexible than sylenth.
ralpheeee
Just wanted to share the love for sylenth. Since I started using it, my hardware synth is actualy gathering dust.

Looney4Clooney
i never liked it. The routing, for some reason i just found weird almost like a bug. The mod capabilities are really limited. Like they just forgot some basic things. It sounds good. I won't deny that. But i've just never enjoyed using it. I think for standard things , pluck stuff, unison lead stuff it does the trick well but , i mean is it just me or has this synth been in dire need of an update. I mean it is used by everyone. Either it is the most pirated synth ever, or the developer just took the money and moved to Thailand.
tehlord
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
i never liked it. The routing, for some reason i just found weird almost like a bug. The mod capabilities are really limited. Like they just forgot some basic things. It sounds good. I won't deny that. But i've just never enjoyed using it. I think for standard things , pluck stuff, unison lead stuff it does the trick well but , i mean is it just me or has this synth been in dire need of an update. I mean it is used by everyone. Either it is the most pirated synth ever, or the developer just took the money and moved to Thailand.

Probably the latter.

I've heard from a pretty good source that he's made an amount of money that's sufficient to retire on out of it.

It's very much a one trick pony that does that trick very well. I use it all the time tbh.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement